Has anyone modified the Whites Dual Field headphones?

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have a Whites Dual Field and several other Whites UW machines, and the headphones work fine, but they are really not good and tight on the Dual Field. They sometimes get flipped around, but mainly they just move and do not get real tight. I was thinking buy some sound reducing (chain saw) ear muffs, and use the head band and brackets and fabricate it to the head phones.

Upvote 0

sandswimmer

Apr 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Xcal Xterra's DF
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sonnar28

Dec 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Whites Dual Field and several other Whites UW machines, and the headphones work fine, but they are really not good and tight on the Dual Field. They sometimes get flipped around, but mainly they just move and do not get real tight. I was thinking buy some sound reducing (chain saw) ear muffs, and use the head band and brackets and fabricate it to the head phones.

OBN's peltor headphone mod is easy to do on the Dual Field and the older Surfmaster PI, very little sanding is necessary on the internal earcup and the transducer pads require little trimming. The how-to video is on youtube, under Joe Beechnut, "Minelab Excalibur Headphone Peltor 105 Mod".

The noise reduction is incredible, as is the ear comfort.

Charles

OP
OP
stevemc

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Cool I will check it out.

OP
OP
stevemc

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks OBN! Good video, completely descriptive, my wife and I watched it last night. This is exactly what I was wanting to do, just wondered if anyone had. I am heading to Lowe’s in just a bit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread