Issue with Fisher/First Texas Resolved and a Missing Detector... (Long)

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
After posting that Fisher "lost a customer for life," (post below) and losing faith in a company I have done business with for over 30 years, I have reevaluated the situation. A big "Thank you" to Russ, VP of Marketing, for getting involved. Once he understood the issue, he was able to get it resolved. The decision was made to repair the detector at no cost to me AND (most importantly) for me to retain the Lifetime Warranty. Great news! As they already had possession of the detector, I patiently waited for it's return. Days turned into weeks and I inquired as to when I could expect it back. Unfortunately, the detector had already been Fed Ex'd to my former address. I immediately drove over to the address and found that the person was not home. I spoke with the neighbors and they told me that they had seen a package on his porch a week ago. They said they would ask him when he returned. I received an email the next day stating that they spoke to the guy and he claimed that he never saw it. I drove back the next day and left a note on his door. He called me back the following day and said, "I saw a package on my porch but knew I hadn't ordered anything, so I just left it there. It was gone after a few days." What a crock of crap! I told him I was going to file a police report, which I did. A few days later I even gave him another "out". I texted him that maybe someone brought it in when he wasn't home or something. He could just leave it on his porch and I would come by and pick it up-no questions asked. He said he didn't have it. Anyway, I'm filing in small claims court and letting a judge decide. I know this guy stole it and I'll probably never see it again. Since it was shipped with no signature required and to the wrong address, Fisher accepted responsibility. They offered me a refurbished detector with a lifetime warranty. I accepted and received it in time for my trip to Mexico later this week, where I will be able to test it out properly! I know this was a unique situation, and I appreciate Felix and Russ working with me so closely. It goes a long way in restoring my faith in Fisher.
I am just glad that the ordeal is over and that they made things right. I will post my findings with the new unit upon my return.

Thanks for reading- Longest post I've ever written!

HH -Big Dave

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting