flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Lutz but work in Lakeland and detect Only the west coast beaches. My first recommendation is to not to try to detect any where near the salt water with the AT pro but you can detect the dry sand with it all day long with good results. You may want to consider a new or used Saltwater detector like the Minelab Excalibur or Equinox 600 or 800 or something made for that purpose for the wet sand or in the saltwater.

Completely disagree. While not a great salt water machine, one of my best finds was with my AT Pro in salt water (which I hunted with for a year before moving to a salt only machine). A 16g gold band in knee deep water. No reason AT ALL not to try water detecting with that machine and decide if you want to get a better water machine later.

Last edited:

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I live in Lutz but work in Lakeland and detect Only the west coast beaches. My first recommendation is to not to try to detect any where near the salt water with the AT pro but you can detect the dry sand with it all day long with good results. You may want to consider a new or used Saltwater detector like the Minelab Excalibur or Equinox 600 or 800 or something made for that purpose for the wet sand or in the saltwater.

You can use the AT pro in saltwater. I have used it on the Treasure Coast and In Miami. Check R. Adams videos on youtube. He also has used it. It does get some chatter but you can make adjustments to compensate for that. Having said that the Excals and the Equinox along with the CTX 3030 rock in the water. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread