Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Lutz but work in Lakeland and detect Only the west coast beaches. My first recommendation is to not to try to detect any where near the salt water with the AT pro but you can detect the dry sand with it all day long with good results. You may want to consider a new or used Saltwater detector like the Minelab Excalibur or Equinox 600 or 800 or something made for that purpose for the wet sand or in the saltwater.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look up Phil Myers at Myers Metal Detectors Tampa. Tell him I sent you, and he'll hook you up with a local. He's having his 1st Annual Thanksgiving Hunt, Saturday November 10 on Daytona Beach.:occasion14:

OP
OP
R

RedBaron

Oct 24, 2013
Lakeland, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for the heads up. I been thinking on a Minelab Equinox 800 recommended to be to go along with my AT Pro. Maybe I'll check it out then.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper-2, man we just ran out of room down here yesterday.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to treasure hunt in Florida also Good luck keep us updated

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the heads up. I been thinking on a Minelab Equinox 800 recommended to be to go along with my AT Pro. Maybe I'll check it out then.

I have both the AT Pro and an Equinox 600. I've found that the AT Pro can be a bit chatty near wet beach sand or in the water. You need to adjust the ground-balancing whenever you change your search location between dry sand, wet sand, and in the water itself. But it certainly works on the east coast beaches. I very much prefer the Equinox for beach hunting, though, as its presets for the beach environment are superb.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fake news Casper..... theres no gold in Fl ....... and they just posted NO DETECTING signs every where lol.

OP
OP
R

RedBaron

Oct 24, 2013
Lakeland, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went fresh water detecting today with Ron Ward. Thank you Ron. Had no problems with my AT Pro on dry sand, wet sand or in the water. Had some issues at first, then noticed my sensitivity was set at max. Cranked it back down, then all was OK. Found 10 coins, and the standard trash. In all enjoyed my first water detecting in Fl.

Mr. B

Mar 23, 2017
SW Fla.
Detector(s) used
2-Exal 2s Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY Red Barron, I am in SW Fl. Near Ft. Myers, Would love to meet up with ya. PM me if you can.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went fresh water detecting today with Ron Ward. Thank you Ron. Had no problems with my AT Pro on dry sand, wet sand or in the water. Had some issues at first, then noticed my sensitivity was set at max. Cranked it back down, then all was OK. Found 10 coins, and the standard trash. In all enjoyed my first water detecting in Fl.
it's Ron Lord ,not ward

OP
OP
R

RedBaron

Oct 24, 2013
Lakeland, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
VERY SORRY RON!!!:BangHead: I was just talking to a friend named Tim Ward on the phone from NH. So when I Thanked Ron, I was thinking Ward and typed Ward and not Lord. Again, sorry Ron.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Ron, is it OK if I keep calling you "Lord?" :notworthy:

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's ok with me if GOD say it's ok

OP
OP
R

RedBaron

Oct 24, 2013
Lakeland, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hate to say my 800 is on hold for now. While driving down to Myers today, reality set back in. Travel time to detect east or west coast. From my place in Lakeland, ( my ex wife's pick) it's normally 1.5+ hours either coast. Must make up my mind on making a near 4 hour round trip to go detecting. If with a partner or group to detect with would make it worth the drive. Looking into joining either of the clubs around Tampa to get knowledge as were to detect. I like Todd's idea of detecting at night, almost no traffic. So I'l keep my $1,000 set aside until I can make up my mind.:BangHead:

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Step One: Ditch the AT Pro for water hunting. It's abysmal.

For everything else, including the dry sand, it's a great machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread