Anderson coil weight for BHID/Dual Field PI

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Try a stainless steel bolt that will just fit inside the lower shaft, cut off the head and slide it into the shaft.
This has been working fine for me for many years and a bit less expensive.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had one and put it on and went to the beach. Tried it out for about 2hrs and I just didn’t like balance of it. It was very heavy, especially in current. Made coil control a little more difficult to me. So, it definitely kept the coil from floating, kept it on the bottom so I had to pull up in the strong current. However, I really liked using the PI Dual Field without the weight. I also had the blue anderson shaft on it. I found that set up very easy to move across the bottom. All I had to do was keep a slight bit of pressure - pushing down but not too much pressure and I got it to glide across fast moving currents. I may have to get another one soon. I like the way that surf master looks with that purple looking coil. Pi dual field is so smooth sounding in waist deep water, isn’t it? I got to where I was just digging the whisper signals and it was always a good target that I scooped up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread