Whites TDI Beach Hunter.

brncofan

Jul 30, 2013
southwest ,CT
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac,EQ 800,TDIpro,TDI beachunter,excal II OBN pp mod,excal 800 blue OBN pp mod,excal blue 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Dew, these are the things I am thinking, and I haven't even got one yet........... external battery if I go the TDI, opening and closing that door is not a good thing over time if you are a "in the water hunter". Plus the batteries would not be limited to the size of the battery box. Being a external battery there are so many more options since the excalibur pod can hold a LiPo. See the TDI is a current driven machine, you hunt 6 hours, the last few hours your not at the top of your game on depth because the voltage is lower. With a external battery you could carry a extra battery and 3 hours into the hunt just change out batteries, the voltage stays at it's best, for deeper targets.......

Come on Fisher your testing my patients...
Nice idea Joe [emoji106][emoji106]

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You better figure out what to do with those pods and discontinued Ikelite connectors Joe..... you never know what ML has planned for the Xcal if PIs take off. Let me see..... Joe you get the TDI, ill get the 8000, and Cliff can get the Fisher ..... then we can swap stories lol.

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressive machine....been using mine for about 2 months now.

1. Very deep with the after market 14.4V battery pack. About 2" - 3" extra depth on typical ring/coin sized targets compared to the stock battery.
2. Very smooth ( and deeper) threshold with GB OFF......becomes a single tone machine with GB OFF but the advantage is obvious.
3. With GB ON then you do get the two tone audio but the GAIN needs to be dropped back a bit otherwise the Threshold is a bit erratic.
4. Surprisingly smooth even at 10uS and with GAIN at about the 9 o'clock position but GB needs to be OFF for this extra performance and smooth running.
5. It is the deepest beach machine that I have ever used personally and just edges out the famous Deepstar which I tested/used many years ago.
6. The smooth threshold is NOT artificially quietened down with loss of sensitivity.......quite the opposite. GB Off lets you hear those microscopic changes in threshold.
7. If running with GB ON....be careful as the sensitivity on some gold targets is diminished depending on the GB setting.

Tony

PS....Just thought I'd add this last tip from my thread further down the page.....

Try running the Threshold a fraction below the "solid" audio level, effectively just into the quiet zone. You will know this position because the Threshold pot will feel like it's not physically moving at all but you will hear the audio just "drop off" into this "power zone".....a bit hard to explain until you try it out yourself. The machine is kind of "super tuned".....and then adjust the Volume upwards.

Point 4 above......I meant to say with GAIN at the 3 o’clock position (almost at MAX power)

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9ÎĽS)
Is the coil on the D.F. and tdi identical?
not.
Coils for devices operating at 10 mS must have specific parameters ...

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
The TDI is the next machine I want to buy for certain salt water beaches - my background research finds the TDI to be one of the best PIs out there and I saw one ref about it detecting down to 24", beating all other machines be they PI, multi freq, multi spectrum, VLF etc. Also, it takes some research, but there are some good deals out there on the TDI - great choice. It hasn't gotten the coverage it deserves.

brncofan

Jul 30, 2013
southwest ,CT
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac,EQ 800,TDIpro,TDI beachunter,excal II OBN pp mod,excal 800 blue OBN pp mod,excal blue 1000
Primary Interest:
I own a TDI pro and the beachunter the pro is crazy deep I dug a rev war officers button 20+ inches deep the beachunter is not quite as deep but a awesome machine super smooth threshold and very stable I also have a reidman battery for it which gives it a little more depth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread