frequency question Equinox 800

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When in Multi-IQ it runs all freqs in all modes.

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good to know. If that's the case, the 800 using the two higher frequencies in Multi-IQ in Beach Mode should out perform the 600?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's good to know. If that's the case, the 800 using the two higher frequencies in Multi-IQ in Beach Mode should out perform the 600?

As bklein mentioned, when you are in multi, there is no difference between the 600 and 800 regardless of which mode you're in. What the 800 gives you is the option of running just the 20 or 40 individually.

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for clearing that up.Since I wear hearing aids, the 800 would be a better choice because i could change target tones/pitch? Would it be silly to run 20Khz on dry sand looking for the gold vdi numbers? Some of the beaches here on Cape Cod are loaded with Sparkler wires from fireworks display,wire from snow fencing etc. would the higher iron bias settings on the 800 help to disc out all that junk?

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold numbers are all over the place, see Tony Eisenhower’s latest video.
The settings might let you mask some of that but not any better than with another detector with the capability. You would be better off with a CTX as it has better target ID info. The Equinox is good if you want a cheaper, lighter, sensitive detector with good target separation. The trash might drive you nuts unless you sacrifice some ID range - and then you will lose gold chains. The gold mode might be valuable in dry pristine clean sand with deep rings everyone misses. Other than that it finds mineralized areas and is like using a Whites GMT or Goldbug II. The standard Beach modes will keep you busy digging so little value in gold modes for your extra money.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for clearing that up.Since I wear hearing aids, the 800 would be a better choice because i could change target tones/pitch? Would it be silly to run 20Khz on dry sand looking for the gold vdi numbers? Some of the beaches here on Cape Cod are loaded with Sparkler wires from fireworks display,wire from snow fencing etc. would the higher iron bias settings on the 800 help to disc out all that junk?

You shouldn't have much trouble with iron targets in multi......at least I don't. Some big, deep, rusty iron will sometimes give a chirp, but, most typical iron targets get disc'd out in the stock programs. If you still want to hear the iron, you can. Either hunt in all metal by pushing the horseshoe button, or by advanced changes to the target range and associated I.D. tones. Either way, with the 800 you can assign a particular sound to iron targets.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Multi-IQ they run the same identical freqs, the difference is the selictible freqs, 800 has 2 more.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUT....... remember you cant run anything but multi freq in beach modes. Those single freqs can be used in the other modes. Ive got my doubts those two freqs are used in beach mode.... i suspect with the algorithms and the low and very low weighted freq as well as the salt setting AND reduced power for beach 2 both the 600 and 800 are using the others. Those other modes dont work that well in/near the salt water..... or even when the dry sand is damp. HOWEVER........what ever they both use works very well and the same.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told by Minelab when 600 or 800 are in multi-iq it runs all freqs in all search modes. With out the 20 and 40 freqs I dont think it would find the thin chains in the salt water.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH...... its using 15Khz in the combo.... and we dont know the harmonics used or slight shifting of those freqs with the other combo needed for salt water hunting. Remember all those channels on FBS? YOu know how NUTS any high freqs react on a salt water beach when the sand is even a little damp. But .... we know machines with single freqs that work GREAT using the 13 to 15Khz..... MXT, DFX.... AquaSound on small gold. No argument that they BOTH use the same Multi freqs. But i think ML is letting us make assumptions.... kind of like we do with machines running 100 freqs at once. Ill add..... how many thin chains you seen pulled form IN THE WATER? I think im up to 5 with the Nox.... but none were small. In fact the smallest ..... a .3 gram one i got with the Xcal in PP mode. In the water..... beach 2 does BETTER than most of the other water machines on smaller gold, but i think with the reduced power and salt setting needed to run smooth its lost that sensitivity..... unlike beach 1 out of the water..... now there we see some small chains.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dew, just relaying what I was told by Minelab.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions