Help please

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There should be some local specialty battery stores that sell them, but it has been my experience that 9v batteries take quite a while to charge.

OP
OP
sws33

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charging time is not an issue with me, it's the voltage supplied by the battery itself. Store bought alkaline batteries are 9 + volt, rechargeable 9 volt batteries for whatever reason tend to be around 8 volt output. I've heard of some guys taking batteries that have reached 8 volt or a little less and replacing them, so I don't want to buy a batch of rechargeable batteries that fully charged are the same voltage as the ones other guys are throwing in the garbage. But throwing away batteries after only three or four hunts seems like a waste, but I don't want to keep using them if I am losing depth because of a lack of voltage.

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
every time i stick my neck out and help a friend i get my head chopped off. ? life is a compromise. how about this. you buy some alkaline batt's off ebay and use them alternately while your rechargeables are charging. but them we have the voltage depth issue ? ah what do i know ?:dontknow:

OP
OP
sws33

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I'm certainly not here to chop anybody's head off, and honestly I don't care if the batteries take 12 days to fully charge, I just want a rechargeable battery that will last more than a couple hours hunting. I just don't want to have to go through the trial-and-error phase of buying 12 different brands before I find the one that actually works. So far I have purchased the ebl 600 milliamp rechargeable 9 volt batteries and I don't think I got more than an hour and a half out of them before the detector started getting weird.

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
Try these they worked well in the CZ-21. Batteryjunction.com. Tenergy rechargeable batteries.

All The Best,
Bill G

Attachments

• IMG_3311.JPG
    IMG_3311.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 75

cladpirate

Apr 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not switch to lipo? Should be lighter but you would need to be sure to not discharge them too much. Just today I saw a 3d printable insert for the cz to house a lipo, I'll try to see if I can relocate it.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Here is the reason why the differences in voltage. From:
https://michaelbluejay.com/batteries/9v.html

1. "9V" is the physical size/shape, not the actual voltage. An alkaline 9V is really 9 volts, but a rechargeable "9V" battery is initially 9.6V, 8.4V, 7.4V, or 7.2V, depending on the model in question. In the rest of this discussion, "9V" refers to the 9V size, not the actual voltage.
  2. Performance of various voltage 9V's.
    1. 9.6V (NiMH). It's rare, but will always provide good runtime and performance. Achieved by using eight 1.2V cells.
    2. 8.4V (NiMH). These will often be good too, but some power-hungry devices might do worse with 8.4V than with 9.6V. Achieved by using seven 1.2V cells.
    3. 7.4V (Lithium). Usually work well even with the lower voltage because lithiums have such a high capacity. Achieved by using two 3.7V cells.
    4. 7.2 (Lithum). Same as above, using two 3.6V cells. Li-Ion cells are generally 3.6V or 3.7V.
    5. 7.2V (NiMH). I'm skeptical would ever provide good performance, but I haven't tested them so I can't say for sure.

I would take a look at the Maha Powerex (MHR9VP) for the Maha Powerex (MHR84VP).
9 and 8.4VDC respectively.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF the machine has a control voltage......then it is more about storage/recharging time....so Lith is hard to beat with a smartcharger. But with any machine that you have to replace or remove the battery for charging..... i think its important to open that box after every hunt just to check for water.

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Alternatively a 6 cell battery holder with 5 Li-ion cells and a dummy screw will do the job of powering the CZ 20/21.

CZ 20 Battery pack.jpg

ivanll

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread