I guess I just don't understand

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why it is my CZ 21, with brand new fully charged rechargeable batteries, won't pick up a 15 gram gold wedding band past about 6 inches, but depleted alkaline 9 volt batteries will pick it up at 10 inches. I've tried high discharge rechargeable batteries, low discharge rechargeable batteries and neither, for whatever reason, seem to operate the CZ 21 as stable or as deeply as alkaline batteries. Is it just me? Or have other folks come across the same type of operation on rechargeable batteries? And if so, did you figure out why? I was hoping to save some money by not having to constantly buy batteries, but I don't want to use rechargeable batteries at the expense of stability and depth.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought 24 rechargeable batteries with a small wall charger from Amazon and 1/3 of the batteries are no good.
Complete waste.

OP
OP
sws33

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I threw the wetsuit on and headed back to the beach this morning with a fresh set of the rayovac high-energy alkaline batteries. Way, way better. there weren't many cuts to speak of to work out in the water but I did managed to pull a quarter from what had to be at least a foot deep while in about waist-deep water. It was one of those signals that, in tone said iron, but in crispness said I'm a deep something else. all I know is I had to bury my scoop twice in the hole to retrieve it and my scoop has got to be 11 inches Long front to back. After I had the first scoop out it started ringing a high tone. After I got tired of being beat up in the waves I headed up to the dry sand before heading home. I managed a nickel and two pennies plus a little rusty quarter inch long screw that kept ringing high that was probably 8 to 10 in deep. I think I'll be sticking with the alkaline batteries from here out.

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been on tnet in a few days and just saw this. Like others, I only use alkaline batteries in my CZ21 and I order a 12 pack of Duracell Pro Cell batteries on line for cheaper than I can buy a four pack in the store. Here's one thing to keep in mind if you haven't discovered it already and that is the CZ21 really stretches out those alkaline batteries for a lot of hunts. They say they will last up to forty hours but I use the battery check feature of the CZ21 and when it drops from a high tone to more or less a medium to lower tone I change batteries. I'd say I use my CZ21 for about 25 sometimes 30 hours before I notice a big difference and change the batteries. Funny thing is I check the old batteries when I replace them and they still have a good bit of juice left to operate other things. I bet I have twenty batteries laying around that I don't want to throw away but aren't to the specs I want in my CZ 21. With my other detectors I probably change the batteries three times to one compared to my CZ 21.

cyperpc

Nov 18, 2012
Bucks County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;Fisher CZ-21; White Classic IDX Pro; White Classic SL
I agree I use them as well! s-l1000.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread