1HappyHunter

Feb 16, 2015
South East Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey everyone,

I just had a quick question regarding the Anderson over under carbon fiber shaft for the Excalibur....I’m thinking about purchasing one and had a couple of quick questions... 1 does anyone have it and how do you like it and 2 do you need to also by the carbon fiber lower rod as well ? It seems that the main piece only consists of the upper. Figured probably best to go completely carbon fiber but was looking for input. Thanks in advance and happy hunting!

Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on you. Anderson makes a better connector than MLs. Its a little harder and doesnt seem to wear as bad....... which if you dont change those rubber can lead to coil separation if you crank down those bolt. do you NEED it no. Anderson just makes some good shafts..... high quality and light.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have one just upper rod and stock lower rod and the rod that the control and battery are on. You can use that for a belt mount too. Makes the shaft very light I like it. The stock lower rod is plastic, not sure about Anderson lowers.

diveplam

Dec 21, 2021
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse AQ1B, Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello,
This is my Excalibur with an Anderson carbon shaft. I am fascinated by this shaft which is designed for work under water. It was designed by people who understand resistance under water as opposed to the original which burdens the hand.

Attachments

• IMG_20221027_210942.jpg
    IMG_20221027_210942.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread