First gold with the equinox

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First piece of gold with the nox. Super happy, I'm not sure if I would have found it with my other machines, starting to get the hang of this machine. I like it. [emoji7]

Not sure on the carat, I was out there until 4am, our beach just got sanded in with some swell so otherwise the night was uneventful, couple silver rings, hoping to get out to a beach that isn't as sanded in soon to find what other tiny gold others may have missed. IMG_20181216_040033.jpeg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your Golden Ticket!!:occasion14::hello2:

OP
OP
Hookka

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I know it works for real. Some old gold, a silver, and an iPhone 10 max. Really nice couple hours in the water. Lots of hot rocks on the beach but the equinox handled them pretty well. Not perfect but worked well enough where I didn't lose my mind. IMG_20181217_003746.jpeg IMG_20181216_234907.jpeg

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done and congratulations! What do the hot rocks ring up as on the Nox? Just curious

OP
OP
Hookka

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They would bounce between 6-13 most of the times and disappear when I would check again, to be fair we also have alot of steel core clad coins that I avoid now that I can with the equinox. I'm not too interested in coins with the amount we have on the beaches here. Also most of the time they are so pitted they don't get accepted.

There were some rocks that rang like that, and some that were in the 1-4 and would be repeatable.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, congratulations.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Hookka

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you hunt in Florida?
I'm in the UAE. This was next to a marina that I think has been rebuilt over a couple generations of older ones. This same beach has given up quite a few nice older rings for me and a friend. I think it was pretty common to lose them when launching and landing boats, probably hauling nets to shore in the traditional way I've seen it done before.

I've got a couple others beaches I've been saving for a while where they haul a net to shore at least once a day sometimes twice. I have a feeling the same beaches have been used for a very long while.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet gold ring! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread