Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This started using a big silver coin. So many said ”ahhh I never find big silver coins anyway”. Then the userbase realized it happens with other coins like quarters. Now we need a video showing a fail on a gold ring... Will it?

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bklein.......my testing says it will get them as well as the Xcal and CTX. If you put a band on edge....... then run it across the DD with wider part...... then turn it again with the smaller part..... like a cross yes you can miss it with that less gold going across the coil. BUT...... so will other machines. Now silver was an issue needing fixed.... even air tests showed that..... add DIRT and you have a problem. As far as missing target ..... getting it all..... no one gets it all, you dont know you missed it if you missed.

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually had my CTX detect the on edge coin but eventually lose it as I kept testing. Kind of like how pinpoint annoyingly fades away with each use. Does it have to do that?? ML hypes it like a feature!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Machines can TRACK out/filter metals the more passes you make. Pretty common depending on how it was designed especially with auto GB.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'll be rolling back to the old version - possibly...

Before I applied the update I tested several coins on edge and confirmed that most of the time it would miss the coin at >/=45 deg. Then I tested after the update and the issue was resolved 100%, however now pennies almost always (except shield) show vdi 24-26, which as you all know is/was a dime.

Before the update I hit a 25/26 I knew it was dime every time but yesterday I dug a dozen pennies that were the same on the vdi as a dime. Sounds minor and it is.. but on my tight hunting schedule I don't have time to dig all the pennies at the park.

I do think the depth meter seems more accurate so its a bit of a trade-off if you prefer those features.

HH. Eman

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tested after the update and the issue was resolved 100%, however now pennies almost always (except shield) show vdi 24-26, which as you all know is/was a dime.

Before the update I hit a 25/26 I knew it was dime every time but yesterday I dug a dozen pennies that were the same on the vdi as a dime. Sounds minor and it is.. but on my tight hunting schedule I don't have time to dig all the pennies at the park.

I do think the depth meter seems more accurate so its a bit of a trade-off if you prefer those features.

This is balls-on accurate.

Before the update I knew a penny from a dime, no problem. Now... they're intermixed. I even get penny signals that show up as 29, 30, even 31 sometimes. They're usually flat when I dig them, but damn, I expect quarters!

This never happened before the update. A dime was always a dime, a quarter was always a quarter. The exceptions were very few and far between, maybe 1 in 12 or 15 pennies might fool me. The others I always knew were pennies.

I dig everything pretty much anyway, so it doesn't bother me so much. And you're 100% right about the depth meter being fixed. Before the update, I couldn't max out the depth meter on anything. Just yesterday, my post-updated machine dug a solid 30-31 signal at 11-12 inches with the depth meter maxed out on every swing.

Turned out to be my first Barber Quarter :headbang:

Sep 30, 2019
Franklin TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just did the update and am having issues withe the pin pointer not working. Is any one else have the same problem?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread