The Newest "Water" MD on the Block

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is another web site that is promoting and selling a MD that they state is not a pulse or VLF. Its started out being promoted to be used in wet sand and in the water due to its ability to handle black sand and hard minerals you encounter at the beach. Recently they have discovered that the market might be good for the highly mineral ground in VA. So the unit is put out and sold to be used in the water(manual tells to salt balance over 18" of water when hunting in the water) but no warranty for water entry. Seller states will maintain water tightness to 1.5m(5ft) for 30 minutes and has a jack for waterproof headphones but not willing to warranty water concerns. Would you buy one knowing if you drop it and it has mfg. defect and leaks you are out over 1500?

Upvote 0

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
25 feet depth rated is a good / minimum starting point for anyone interested in hunting the water.......

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have talked about this..... the issue being IP rating. Thats and industry rating.... but one the warranty guy makes. Doesnt mean its not waterproof. We all know machines rated to 25 feet have been used deeper..... much deeper. We as hunter like to test the limit at the companies expense. BUT....... still comes down to is it waterproof or not. If there is a fear it isnt..... then call it water resistant just like an Iphone.... we all know Iphones right? But like you ..... i dont know how one can determine if someone used it deeper or there was a factory issue..... the test comes when it happens i guess and the willingness of the maker to do a repair based on damage. This thing can get wet... even dunked for NLT 30 min as was stated.

Now for the machine..... i believe this machine is very much like an AquaSound with some serious upgrades to improve its performance handling black sand. It has multi single freqs that can be use..... yes its a single freq machine that WORKS in the salt water with crazy depth on gold ring size targets. It has both a GB and water GB to compensate for both..... as well as a switch for black sand. It has a TID screen and CAN be used for HOT dirt hunting as well as the beach. It doesnt seem to be a very small gold machine like the Nox... so maybe those who dont like to chase gold targets that drop thru the scoop will like it. I think this machine is an edge over what we have..... BUT for me, mine would be underwater for hours the way i hunt. IF this thing was 100% waterproof it would change a lot of minds i think about buying it. I like the machine.

OP
OP
ShovelNose

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good but no one is testing it and posting anything. Not even the guys given permission to post using it on the beach. Now today it was mention that a speaker is really not needed and the response, the next generation is not going to have a speaker. So seems like best to wait and see when dust settles since no one can produce even one picture of a find. One big purchase for most of us just on faith. But I did and should be here today. I know the guy I'm getting it from is and will be behind this one. If changes made and would benefit me sure I will get it. Without faith what would we have.

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This machine in Fl if he gets it waterproof should be really good. I did see the video of the one small gold ring found. I know Tom spoke about not confusing air depth with actual depth in the ground. One should also not assume since someone digs a hole a foot deep that thats where the target was. I have no doubt that this machine will work just as Tom say..... he seems very passionate about this machine. If i could dunk it ..... id be trying it. But right now.... most of us are waiting on the Fisher so we can evaluate the MDT8000, TDI, and Manta.....

Octopulse

Mar 13, 2010
Perth
Detector(s) used
Current detectors;
Minelab Excalibur II
Garrett XL500 “Super Pulse”
White’s MX7
White’s XL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bit off topic but I am loving the TDIBH.....for the first time ever, I have failed to retrieve a super deep target from the seafloor. The sides just kept caving in and I am very certain the target was a coin/ring sized judging from the very tight target signature.........coin, sinker or ring but not a junk target.....I wonder what it was.....:dontknow:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I currently have this bridge for sale if interested. :icon_thumright::skullflag:

Attachments

• IMG_20151108_141929.jpg
    IMG_20151108_141929.jpg
    828.5 KB · Views: 74

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does it look like this :D See the great ExplAINation. It detects to 2635 feet LOL.

ripoff.jpeg

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldnt discount this machine......if you are a RING hunter, especially gold, and dont want to pick up a lot of the small stuff the Nox or a PI gets... here ya go. Superior depth over most VLF.... as does the AquaSound, yet it has extra punch in the black sand. Just now released so we are seeing it used, but not by many beach guys yet.... and we may not if most want to hunt the water as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread