beach cache machine

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
thinking of getting a new beach machine for large targets on salt beach with black sand ....using a 8" sand shark now ......seen a detech relic strike 18x15 and ace 250 15" the detech was very deep the ace was fair on upland soil ....whats some thoughts of maybe a nox 600 15" or ml 505 17" 3 khz or even a f-4 17" or should i stay with pi machine with a bigger coil ....two box are not my cup of tea on the beach ..... digging for soda cans at 2 feet is no fun with the sand shark ..the sand tide can be up to 3 feet in one year where am at

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aluminum cans at 2 feet will sound good with any machine you get. If you want discrimination where you won't dig as much iron, get a multifrequency machine, such as a CTX, Excalibur, Equinox, or CZ21. If you don't have much iron to contend with, your Sand Shark is a good machine for salt water. With an 8" coil, it's a bit small for wet/dry sand coverage though.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont believe you would be gaining much with the Nox 15" over the standard but coverage. Have you thought about one of the 3 new machines thats out or coming out? MDT8000, TDI with a hotter battery, or the Fisher Manta.....

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
GPX 5000 with a Coiltek Goldstalker.

22" Goldstalker
https://www.coiltek.com.au/coils/goldstalker/22-goldstalker/

This is the serious prospectors coil of choice for maximum depth and coverage whether searching for treasure or gold. It is known in the treasure hunting regions worldwide as the Cache coil with many users finding ancient artefacts at great depths, some as deep as 7 feet when used with a GPX detector. In open terrain on gold fields its outstanding for patch finding and deep nugget hunting. The Double-D (DD) configuration can utilise the Iron Discrimination function on GPX detectors.

Compatible with all Minelab SD/GP and GPX detectors.

Size: 540mm
Weight: 1100g / 38.8oz
Configuration: Monoloop (MONO) and Double-D (DD) coil

GPX 5000
https://www.minelab.com/eur/metal-detectors/gold-detectors/gpx-5000

Features:

MPS, DVT & SETA Technology
8 Timings make the GPX 5000 very versatile. It's like having 8 detectors in 1. In addition to five of the Timings found on the previous model the GPX 5000 introduces three new Timings: Coin/Relic, Salt/Gold and Fine Gold.
Fine Gold Timing gives even more depth and sensitivity than Enhance — bring home more nuggets even from ground thought to be completely worked out!
Salt/Gold Timing is great for all nugget sizes in salty ground — outstanding at the beach!
Coin/Relic Timing is the deepest ever for benign ground conditions.
Improved Enhance Timing for more depth
Improved electronics for increased target sensitivity and ground balance performance
Six preset Search Modes gives you easy switch on and go detecting. In addition to General and Deep search are: Hi-Mineral, Patch, Hi-Trash and Pinpoint. All six Search Modes can be modified to your personal favourite settings. Menu accessible Search Modes can also be renamed.
Increased Rx Gain adjustment allows you more precise sensitivity control for optimum performance.
Automatic Ground balance options make it easy to adjust the detector to suit all ground conditions. e.g. (Fixed, Tracking, Tracking speed, Ground Balance Type, Quick-Trac button).
Audio adjustments to maximize target signals for your personal hearing ability e.g. (Threshold, Tone, Audio Type, Signal Peak, Response, Target Volume, Volume limit, Stabilizer).
Iron Reject adjustable to suit the iron trash level where you are detecting.
Motion control, adjustable to match your sweep speed and optimise target responses.
Tune (also known as Noise Cancel) - Automatic and Manual options to minimize electrical interference.
Backlight so that you can read the LCD menu in any light, allowing you to detect day or night. The back light also has an adjustable timeout to help preserve battery power.
Lightweight Li-ion Battery with inbuilt Speaker Booster capability

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would try that new Whites Beach TDI, with a huge coil.:occasion14:

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would try that new Whites Beach TDI, with a huge coil.:occasion14:

My neighbor is new to beach detecting and just bought his first detector, the Whites
tdi with 12" coil, will keep you posted on how he does

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Oddjob i only dream of what u said or a ctx .. but to many females and not enough treasure finds makes that out of my budget range ...i want to thank cudamark drewcon and the yorker beach cleaner aka the nox man for there advice ....the tdi sounds good i will also look at those new detectors am in no rush ....i also seen a thrace pi detector with a 18x15 coil online but no reviews it was in my price range

jimmyzr1

Jun 12, 2010
Sacramento, Ca
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Ctx-3030, Excalibur sword, XP Deus, 3 Garrett propointers, White's Tdi SL, VX3, 6000 Di Pro SL, Mx sport, Tesoro Tiger shark and more
thinking of getting a new beach machine for large targets on salt beach with black sand ....using a 8" sand shark now ......seen a detech relic strike 18x15 and ace 250 15" the detech was very deep the ace was fair on upland soil ....whats some thoughts of maybe a nox 600 15" or ml 505 17" 3 khz or even a f-4 17" or should i stay with pi machine with a bigger coil ....two box are not my cup of tea on the beach ..... digging for soda cans at 2 feet is no fun with the sand shark ..the sand tide can be up to 3 feet in one year where am at

Ive got a White’s PI Dual Field Metal Detector I’d sell for $455 shipped to lower 48. It has a new coil and has been gone over by White’s since last used.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread