Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Took me several months before I found my first gold, it's about learning and patients each trip. Even at 10 years experience, I'm still learning.

Good Luck and stay strong!

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did treasure coast today. No gold or silver... Went back up north and found 65 cents. 1000 more trips like that and this box will have paid for itself.

Lol! I went yesterday and found about ten cents more than that! Hang in there and wait a bit more time. They've replenished most of the east coast beaches with a ton of sand. Wait for a good winter storm and try again - when the weather strips away a bit more sand you'll find some real keepers!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beaches are tough. It seems to be all or nothing with them. The first gold ring I found with my Tesoro Cibola was a total surprise. I was hunting a shipwreck beach up north. It was a white gold ring 14k, and I didn't know what it was at first. Silly me. Just not used to finding them in the scoop.

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Don't let OBN fool you! He is the Zen Master of the Excalibur. It might have taken him 10 years time to learn all he knows but damn he knows it well!
Don't believe me take a look at his year end totals this year and years past his pics don't lie.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Keep at it, gold will find your scoop! :occasion14:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took me several months before I found my first gold, it's about learning and patients each trip. Even at 10 years experience, I'm still learning.

my first actual true water hunt (with an actual water machine - we used to float old land machine in the 70s early 80s)
but my first hunt with whites Pi - was in march of 1995 - there was no ice but water was prob like low 40s - air was like 50 and sunny - I had just got machine in mail and just could not wait to use it - I did not know about dry suits or wet suits at all - had only hunted fresh water with the floating machines in summer and just in fresh water. So I put on long johns and sweat pants and then old jeans - put on a long john shirt - couple of tees and then a sweat shirt - few pairs of thermal
socks and old pair of high top sneakers - I headed to a small pond that me and others with floating set ups for some nice
stuff over the years -gold & silver and that was around waist deep - so I'm first kid on the block with a water machine and can go out farther
and I cant wait because I know that summer guys are going to start buying submersibles. I want to beat all to the punch
- it almost killed me - but what a rush - I had been a land hunter as a kid since 1975 and had plenty of gold and silver on land and
I had gotten some with the floating rigs - I jumped in and it took little while for all the clothing to get saturated
and then it hit me like a ton of bricks - I started swinging and first hit I scooped up a 14k signet I was like Wow! this place is gonna be loaded - I walked about 5 ft and bam! I get a silver ring - so I'm not thinking about the cold - after that
I just started getting new coins and started to slowly started shivering. I knew there was more goodies in there -but then I started to shake violently and knew I was getting hypothermia. I got out and went quickly to my vehicle and cranked
the heat - didn't do a thing - I rushed home violently shaking the whole way - when I got home my wife (now ex)
started screaming at me - she is a nurse and knew I was in trouble and all I kept saying was "i got gold & silver!"
it took some time to stop shaking and almost went to the emergency room - after that I did a lot of experimenting
with wet suits and gloves and boots - I got the suit down and then almost got frost bite in saltwaters cause
I had gloves and boots that weren't warm enough - I pretty much wear 7mm everything now a days and usually get tired before I get cold

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well Ive tried to teach you as much as I can - if you cant reach 200 a year - I don't know what to tell you :tongue3:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. Keep at it. I love detecting beaches. You just never know what you’re going to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread