Took Dad out and he got bit by the gold bug haha!

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my dad out the beach after dinner on Christmas Eve, he watched how I gridded areas and where I would focus on and then went off and did his thing. First time really beach hunting and had tried metal detecting a couple times before for about 10 minutes each time. Set him up with the sand shark in vco mode and he loved it just like me. I found a couple crusty silver rings and a ton of change and went over to see what he had and he found 4 silvers and a gold! Needless to say he was having a good time and wanted to stay and hunt longer. He's now the new owner of my sand shark as I'm looking to buy a whites tdi so it was a pretty win-win considering he also already found about half what the machine is worth in gold hahaha. There ring is marked 916, so 22k baby! Not bad at all, love the high carat gold we find around here, gonna have a hard time adjusting to the lower carat stuff it seems is more popular in other places.

HH guys! IMG-20181225-WA0001.jpeg

Upvote 0

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my dad out the beach after dinner on Christmas Eve, he watched how I gridded areas and where I would focus on and then went off and did his thing. First time really beach hunting and had tried metal detecting a couple times before for about 10 minutes each time. Set him up with the sand shark in vco mode and he loved it just like me. I found a couple crusty silver rings and a ton of change and went over to see what he had and he found 4 silvers and a gold! Needless to say he was having a good time and wanted to stay and hunt longer. He's now the new owner of my sand shark as I'm looking to buy a whites tdi so it was a pretty win-win considering he also already found about half what the machine is worth in gold hahaha. There ring is marked 916, so 22k baby! Not bad at all, love the high carat gold we find around here, gonna have a hard time adjusting to the lower carat stuff it seems is more popular in other places.

HH guys! View attachment 1663786

great day with your dad. What coast do you hunt?

Merry Christmas,

Steve

OP
OP
Hookka

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the UAE, so I guess the Persian Gulf coast [emoji6]. Soon to be the NSW Australia coast.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Awesome for one hunt. Congratulations.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt, spending time detecting with your Dad...priceless! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread