Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Inexpensive beach scoop

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    8763 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz12 View Post
    Why is the handle in the middle instead of the back end?

BTW this is a great idea
    I figured it would make the unit more rigid.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    8763 times
    Heres a better shot.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	1666939
    Weight =12 ozs.
    Length= 29.50"
    Holes=5/16
    First outing using it was at OBX for a week last year.Dug 100 holes the 1st day and it worked great in dry sand.Tends to clog up a little in wet sand.But placing it in water removes the clog in a second.
    Last edited by RTR; Jan 03, 2019 at 05:42 AM.
    Grizz12 likes this.

us
    D. Meeker

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    Blue Xcals and CTX
    955 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Dont know what machine you guys are using..... but you are either digging very shallow targets or wasting a lot of time taking a lot of scoops off to get down to a deep target. I agree Terry....... no such thing as a cheap scoop that going to last anyway. Beach hunting isnt like dirt hunting...... in most cases you pay for equipment fairly fast..... so buy the best and USE it. I see those snow birds every year come down with their deep machines and a hand scoop..... it get funny.
    AARC and stavr like this.
    Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    De Tampe Bahia - La Florida
    JW 8X - ML X2
    36138 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dewcon4414 View Post
    Dont know what machine you guys are using..... but you are either digging very shallow targets or wasting a lot of time taking a lot of scoops off to get down to a deep target. I agree Terry....... no such thing as a cheap scoop that going to last anyway. Beach hunting isnt like dirt hunting...... in most cases you pay for equipment fairly fast..... so buy the best and USE it. I see those snow birds every year come down with their deep machines and a hand scoop..... it get funny.
    Heh... I know... kills me when I see a guy with 1500 + dollar machine... and carrying a hand scoop or some other handheld digging tool... on beach anyway.

Personally to all those thinking of metal detecting out there and shopping for a detector... realize... digging IS part of the dealio. heh... so in other words... budget in the hardware department as into the metal detecting hobby cost,

Like getting into model trains... and buying the best locomotive ... and little to no track. heh
    stavr and RustyGold like this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - AKA -" TNet Under Ground " http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...l-welcome.html

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    De Tampe Bahia - La Florida
    JW 8X - ML X2
    36138 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post

Weight =12 ozs.
    Length= 29.50"
    Holes=5/16
    First outing using it was at OBX for a week last year.Dug 100 holes the 1st day and it worked great in dry sand.Tends to clog up a little in wet sand.But placing it in water removes the clog in a second.
    RTR... I love ya buddy... but lol... that frigging flashlight scoop kills me. heh

You really love that thing don't ya.
    RTR likes this.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - AKA -" TNet Under Ground " http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...l-welcome.html

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    8763 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    RTR... I love ya buddy... but lol... that frigging flashlight scoop kills me. heh

You really love that thing don't ya.
    Hey it Works ! And it cost Zero !
    AARC likes this.

ua
    Nov 2008
    Odessa
    Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster
    35 times
    In my opinion, you actually threw money.
    There is no free shipping from Ukraine to USA; deduct $ 22-25 from the price you paid
    check the thickness of the metal and the quality of work, you bought a cheap fake ...

in Ukraine makes Stavr scoop, it is of the best world level and quality and cannot cost less than $ 100 without delivery.

Ruslan.
    RustyGold likes this.
    Excalibur 10" coil .since 2001.
    Explorer XS .since 2001.coil 10'',detech 10x14'',detech 4,5x7'',coiltek 15'',coiltek 12x8 platypus
    Stavr's water sand scoop Evroexcavator-2 v.22
    stavrscoop.com

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600 720i Stealth Scoop
    5987 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Very innovative on the scoops on the cheap. But I need a buffer unit than that when lifting wet sand. That includes my arms that I refer to as strings hanging out of my t-shirt.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Jul 2014
    98 times
    Just like every fisherman needs several fishing poles, and every golfer needs a variety of clubs, every detectorist may have a variety of diggers and scoops. Like ice cream cones, the more scoops the better.

ua
    Nov 2008
    Odessa
    Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster
    35 times
    A cheap entry-level scoop is a canister with holes, you can get it for free or for a couple of dollars.
    if you are serious about hunting on the beach and you have a good metal detector, then you really need a good scoop, especially in the water.
    canister & holes -cheap! but little effective and your muscles and joints will be against such a cheap tool.
    Stavr scoop or Stealth will delight you for many years perfectly separating , not straining beyond measure your joints. I for example had a hunt for more than 9 hours and 13 yellow objects. But how many can you work canister? even if you are lucky with the place?
    Day X sometimes has to wait for several years! and every hour of hunting is worth its weight in gold ....
    just when you don’t know much ... it seems that the “canister” is the “best choice”

Ruslan.
    Excalibur 10" coil .since 2001.
    Explorer XS .since 2001.coil 10'',detech 10x14'',detech 4,5x7'',coiltek 15'',coiltek 12x8 platypus
    Stavr's water sand scoop Evroexcavator-2 v.22
    stavrscoop.com

us
    D. Meeker

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    Blue Xcals and CTX
    955 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    In all honesty.....before I used a hand scoop I’d grab a cheap sand shovel
    Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.

us
    Dec 2018
    Alaska
    None, This is new to me
    314 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post

Weight =12 ozs.
    Length= 29.50"
    Holes=5/16
    I didn't notice it went completely through, I see what you did now... I'd lie to try the same thing with a wooden dowel and epoxy. I would flatten the dowel on one side, just enough to go up the back of the case and epoxy it in place. Add another dowel or two at the front of the case and lean them back to the main shaft to create a triangle. This will prevent the scoop from twisting and pulling away from the main shaft. I will also grind the outside to be smooth just because...
    Last edited by Grizz12; Jan 04, 2019 at 10:30 AM.
    RTR likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links