Inexpensive beach scoop

Sandancer

Jul 18, 2014
Thought I would share a couple of my beach scoop creations. They are made from pvc fittings, nylon bolts, and plastic grain scoops. They are non metallic so they can be easily scanned if desired. They are excellent in dry sand and wet. Voids in the fittings are filled with reinforced auto body filler for extra strength. They are strong enough to be kicked into the sand and are very durable except in rocky locations. The green one has a hickory handle and the angle of the basket is a bit more ideal. The other is all pvc and has a kick extension and stands up by itself. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1546207709.612204.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1546207732.945066.jpg

Upvote 0

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
[FONT=&quot]flgliderpilot. [/FONT]
In my opinion, you actually threw money.
There is no free shipping from Ukraine to USA; deduct $ 22-25 from the price you paid :)
check the thickness of the metal and the quality of work, you bought a cheap fake ...

Ruslan.

Last edited by a moderator:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Very innovative on the scoops on the cheap. But I need a buffer unit than that when lifting wet sand. That includes my arms that I refer to as strings hanging out of my t-shirt. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Sandancer

Sandancer

Jul 18, 2014
Just like every fisherman needs several fishing poles, and every golfer needs a variety of clubs, every detectorist may have a variety of diggers and scoops. Like ice cream cones, the more scoops the better.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all honesty.....before I used a hand scoop I’d grab a cheap sand shovel

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres a better shot. View attachment 1666939
Weight =12 ozs.
Length= 29.50"
Holes=5/16
First outing using it was at OBX for a week last year.Dug 100 holes the 1st day and it worked great in dry sand.Tends to clog up a little in wet sand.But placing it in water removes the clog in a second.

I didn't notice it went completely through, I see what you did now... I'd lie to try the same thing with a wooden dowel and epoxy. I would flatten the dowel on one side, just enough to go up the back of the case and epoxy it in place. Add another dowel or two at the front of the case and lean them back to the main shaft to create a triangle. This will prevent the scoop from twisting and pulling away from the main shaft. I will also grind the outside to be smooth just because...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread