Treasure Coast Archeological Society

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I love it when the term "archaeological" is used in conjunction with md'ing hobbyists. Exactly where it should be :) If it wasn't for us private hobbyist sector, there'd be a lot less known, enjoyed, and preserved, for the general public :)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Enjoy the meeting...:occasion14:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck and enjoy your meeting..

I did the club thing for about two years. But stopped going because a few were there only to gather info on where you hunt.

One more thing, hunting partners. Be careful who you share with, that person maybe your competition some day.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, be real careful about what you say, my hunting partner mentioned our spot to one guy and the next morning 4 of them, all retired guys, went there and cleaned it out. It was a spot that only opens up once a year. So be real careful. Good luck!

OP
OP
D

Dadhumanizer

Dec 5, 2018
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol... I should say... Man I have found more jewelry at the old strip mine than any other place. It's a diggers paradise.

OP
OP
D

Dadhumanizer

Dec 5, 2018
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn that was fun!

So wife and I get in the car around 6:35pm which should have put us there at 7:20. We get less than a mile from the house and my phone rings. (I am on call this week for work) p*ssed off I turn around and head back to the house. Connect to work and call the bridge line. 40 minutes of jerking around and figuring out it has nothing to do with me they let me go. Teetering back and forth on whether or not to go because we were going to show up 45 minutes late we finally decided to go. When we get there they just started the presentation. A gentleman presented a Roman amphora he found in Pennsylvania. We then had a break and got to see some of the monthly finds. One of them was a $8995 diamond ring. While sitting there an older man came up and introduced himself... Terry fricken Shannon! We told him to us he's a rockstar and we have learned a lot from him and his videos. He invited us to his house to show us his finds. Told him we will take him up on it someday. We also met the individual that found the 9 grand ring and he was a pleasure to talk to. First meeting was well worth the trip... So much so we signed up and are now official members. Can't wait for next month's meeting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread