Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Excal Guru Technical Help Question

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    6013 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Have you tried raising the threshold volume to see if it smooths out?
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Charter Member
    us
    Garry

Nov 2013
    Treasure Coast
    Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab CTX 3030 Garrett AT Pro Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch Tesoro Sand shark Whites prizim 4 Minelab Go 20 Stealth Extreme 920I Sand S
    1462 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    Have you tried raising the threshold volume to see if it smooths out?
    Yes it goes crazy. Like I said one Excal has an inline cable mod. The other is a 10 inch coil. Both Excals have constant chatter or falsing no matter what beach we take them to.
    If you don't look for it you won't find it!! So get out there and dig it.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    6013 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    If it does the same thing everywhere, and with the coil up in the air, it needs to go into the shop for diagnosis.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Charter Member
    us
    Garry

Nov 2013
    Treasure Coast
    Minelab Equinox 800 Minelab CTX 3030 Garrett AT Pro Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch Tesoro Sand shark Whites prizim 4 Minelab Go 20 Stealth Extreme 920I Sand S
    1462 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    If it does the same thing everywhere, and with the coil up in the air, it needs to go into the shop for diagnosis.
    Yes both machines go crazy with the coil up in the air. Iím going to try and post a video later after I make it at the local beach

Charter Member
    us
    Garry

Nov 2013
    Treasure Coast
    1462 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by bklein View Post
    One other thing, I've read where there is some similarity between Excal circuitry and Sovereign Elite. The Elite had threshold issues if the battery dropped below 12V. There is a voltage regulator that needs at least 12V to guarantee a solid 10V for board circuitry. So I'd advise temporarily replacing your battery with a lab power supply capable of 12-14V. But don't go above 14V as I've read there are components that may fry if over 14.xV. Start with the voltage like at 10V and raise it and see if the threshold gets stable at some point. Keep wires/jumpers to the detector short. Set your current limit (if you can) to something like 3-400mA so less risk of frying something if you do something wrong.
    And on the caps, just a cap meter will not tell you enough. You need a fancier instrument that measures leakage, ESR, etc.
    My excal battery packs are 11.1V lipoly. Wonder what you discover...
    Bklein and all of you who responded to my problem and questions. Thank you. Special thanks to OBN . I tried swapping out my Excal standard battery with my EB 3000 60 hour battery and it cleared up the problem. It's weird. My other Excal works just finevon the standard battery. I now have a kick butt modified Excalibur with a 10/12 SEF and the Detech 13 inch. The 13 is an awesome addition to my detector. Thanks again. Happy Hunting.
    OBN likes this.

us
    D. Meeker

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    Blue Xcals and CTX
    917 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    That changing of tone where it takes the last target is PITCH HOLD. Joe is it possible the coil is getting to much voltage? Some did come with a third wire ...it appeared tone an attempt to ground the board
    Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.

Charter Member
    us
    Garry

Nov 2013
    Treasure Coast
    1462 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by dewcon4414 View Post
    That changing of tone where it takes the last target is PITCH HOLD. Joe is it possible the coil is getting to much voltage? Some did come with a third wire ...it appeared tone an attempt to ground the board
    The problem was the battery even though it's good on my other Excal its no good for the Excal giving me problems. Se my post above. If was the battery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links