Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree14Likes
  • 11 Post By Waterbug
  • 1 Post By Hookka
  • 1 Post By CASPER-2
  • 1 Post By Waterbug

Thread: E-bay treasure for late Christmas present

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jul 2005
    Iowa
    White's DFX, XLT & GoldmasterV/SAT Fisher 1280x
    85 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

E-bay treasure for late Christmas present

I took a chance and won the bid on a "Broken" Fisher 1280x Aquanaut detector with case and extras.The photos show a disconnected earcup from the headphones and info was that this item was for parts mostly,did not work when batteries were installed.The photos also show the detector to be very clean,no scratches,etc.Received it yesterday via UPS---but with 10 transfers enroute it did arrive undamaged---surprise,surprise.Snapped in a set of batteries,turned it on and found there was nothing wrong with the operation of this detector.And exceptionally clean.Fixed the headphone problem with a bit of glue and now I have a like new "used very little", 1280x-10 1/2. For a total of less than $200.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 720i Stealth Scoop
    5449 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Good job! You followed a hunch that it might be a good detector from the disconnected earphone in the pic. Good eye!

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Apr 2013
    Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
    91 times
    Nice grab! I've been trying to keep an eye out for broken detectors I may be able to fix. I've had a boost in confidence after more than a few fixes last year. Would be awesome to snag something at a good price.
    lairmo likes this.

us
    Lookit Tha Size O' Those Hog-Mollies!!!

Jan 2009
    SW MO
    Garrett AT Pro/ Minelab X-Terra70/White's 5900 Di Pro SL/Garrett ACE 250/Fisher M-Scope 1280-X/B.H. Pioneer 505
    2284 times
    I'd like to be able to "fix" my minelab 705...coil and cable are (good?)...the display unit melted in a house fire...I had my detectors sitting upright and that happened to 4 of them...My 1280 was in a case in the closet and somehow made it...I think...lol

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    13709 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Nice deal
    - I did same thing years ago on a CZ21 - Guy said he only used it a few times and did not like it - think he used it on dry sand (he said it never went in the water) and any one that has used one on land not hip or chest mounted knows you
    wont last long - box is too heavy so think that is what discouraged him - he put it up for $500 - no one bid on it - some guys
    thought there was a problem with it for that price - I ended up being only bidder - got it and it did not have a scratch on it
    $1299 machine for $500
    saltednuts likes this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Jul 2005
    Iowa
    85 times
    Casper-2
    My first water detector was the 1280X-9".It still works good after 18 years of use,love it.When you know a machine and how it operates,you know what to look for in a used one.I have been wanting a 10.5" and found another used one a while back,but it turned out to be in worse shape than I thought.There is hope and I'm working to repair it.Then,this one showed up on ebay--could not resist.Whish it had been a CZ21.You did get a good deal.Oh ya, you definitely need to use a chest or belt mount for this style detector.

Jul 2005
    Iowa
    85 times
    The 1280-X Wader I thought was bad,is fixed and ready to swim again.All I did was to remove the old broken non-waterproof headphones that came with it and replaced them with a pair of Gray Ghost Amphibians and resolder the battery holder clip wires.Works great.Now I have three water machines to pick from.The two 1280-X detectors I bought for parts,weren't junk after all.
    saltednuts likes this.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links