Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Celebrated the New Year by getting in the water with my trusted CTX 3030 on the west coast of Florida on Jan 2nd. The sun was shining, mid 70s outside temp and a balmy 70 deg water temp. So warm, had my Spring wet suit on. Combined with a quiet surf, I had the time of my life just slowly MDing in 2-3 feet of surf with eye-candy errrrrr, I mean, interesting things to look at throughout the day.

I was 2 hrs into my 6 hr hunt when I snagged this interesting gold ring (6.52g, 12:28 on CTX). It has the appearance of being hand-made or custom made w/o marks.

Twisted Gold Ring 010219.jpg

It was DEEP. As I started to dig the ring, on the third scoop, it or I should say the signal disappeared. This seemed to be a common experience with the few signals I had come across in the surf; but I have learned from past experience that about 70% of the time in water the target has sunk deeper in the dug hole and out of the range of my 17” coil. So I sank my Stealth 920iX super-duper scoop deep into the middle of the fast filling hole. At the bottom of my scoop appeared my first gold ring of the year! It was about 15-18” deep.

There were few signals to pursue in the surf and a few times I moved my detector near my scoop just to make sure it was working (Actually, my Gray Ghost headphones did fail, but another story). Four hrs into my hunt I took a short lunch break and headed out for 2 more hrs. It was about an hr into my afternoon hunt when I snagged this “DOOSTI” Steel ring.

DOOSTI steel ring 010219.jpg

Finally, have to mention this little sterling ear ring that I was able to recover in 3 ft of water. There is a small section on the Stealth 920iX scoop that has small slits in stead of 3/8" holes for capturing small objects like this ear ring. Otherwise, it would keep falling thru the scoop holes. In the past I'd have to wade to shore with a scoop full of sand in the hopes of recovering real small targets on dry sand.

Sterling ear ring sized 010219.jpg

Haven't been swinging for 8 months and swinging the CTX 3030 and 17” coil for 6 hrs took its toll on this fast aging body. Ibuprofen stat! Where’s my gold ring? Dang, the wife got another one…

Attachments

• Sterling ear ring 010219.jpg
    Sterling ear ring 010219.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 109
Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eye candy we need pics how big how old where did you see it lol Well done great finds

Hookka

Apr 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I have a good feeling about 2019 [emoji857]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread