Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Someone tossed a bunch of pennies in the shallows...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    I was in the water detecting at a local lake about 20 feet from shore. ******* was on the beach in a chair and thought that I couldn't hear him with my headphones on. He was making all kinds of comments to the crowd on the beach about that crazy guy in the water and finally said he was going to throw a hand full of pennies to me. I stopped detecting, turned and looked right at him and said loudly " I THROW ROCKS AT PEOPLE THAT THROW PENNIES" . He got up, grabbed his chair and left with people on the beach laughing at him.
    RustyGold and holepuncher like this.

Oct 2018
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Terry - just curious what beach you were at. I had the exact same thing happen to me a few days after new year on a more secluded section of Dania beach. I found a few twist wires from the tops of champagne bottles, and 20+ pennies at the low tide line close to the water. Pissed me off to no end, I just quit after # 20... I have a Tesoro Sand Shark PI detector, so I have to dig em all... lol

I was asking my friends if there was some stupid new year tradition to throw a crap load of pennies in the water
    holepuncher likes this.

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" Butterfly coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil Whites (1970s)
    1129 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Hunting CWB a few years ago I recovered about 175, mostly cents, in a 9 sq yard area in about 4-5 ft of water. Spent the day (6 hrs) trying to clean them out so I could search for gold underneath. I failed. Several months later, a fellow metal detectorist told me he and another guy recovered about 700 coins, mostly cents, from the same area. Only thing I could think was that people were throwing them off the nearby pier...lucky me!
    holepuncher likes this.
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links