Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I have a friend (co-worker) that would like to take up MDing. He is hearing impaired in both ears and uses hearing aids (not deaf). He is looking for a machine with a good visual interface, and possibly an customizable audio system (thinking like E-trac). He wants to take it on cruises to hunt foreign beaches. I already seriously warned him about checking and permissions first with any country he plans to visit and hunt. He wants a solid, reliable machine that is portable. Budget... lets say under 650 USD.
Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Equinox is the only good choice in your price range if you want to hunt wet salt water beaches.

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wear hearing aids and love the equinox. After six months i hear sound fust then look st the VDI. However the trouble I have is with background noises like crashing waves. The wireless headphones seem to let a lot of sound in. Tell your friend to wear his hearing aids while using headphones. Then he can adjust both fir the best sound.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry to others for posting this response, but the only water machine I believe in is the Excal.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry to others for posting this response, but the only water machine I believe in is the Excal.

I wouldn't disagree if you have good hearing and don't need a display. Also the Excal is out of his price range.

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I once saw an accessory that was a LED that plugged into the headphone jack. Instead of hearing a beep the LED would flash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread