Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went out today to hunt low tide on the west coast of Florida with my CTX 3030. Like to share 4 neat items in addition to the usual coins and trash:

My best find was this white 14k gold engagement ring with 9 diamonds totaling 0.71 carat (5.1g, 12:06 on CTX 3030). The center diamond is 1/4 ct. The ring was about 12” down under a layer of rocks. At one point in the dig I loss the signal but was not deterred because of the 12:06 reading and know it is a common experience as the target falls deeper in the hole.

White Gold Engagement Ring.jpg

The second interesting find was a Robin AFB (Air Force Base) GA Challenge token “Above the Foe” and 78th AB Wing. The token appears brass (25.4g, 11-12:47).

Robin AFB Challange Token1.jpg
Robin AFB Token Rev.jpg

The third item is a white metal medal with “TEXACO” on one side and 2 dogs (Scotties?) on the other side above “LISTEN”, The medal might be silver (5.85g, 12:19). During low tide hunting when time is limited I usually ignore targets in the 12:15-23 range, because they’re almost always tabs. Glad I decided to dig this one!

Texaco Medal.jpg

The 4th item is a Cremation tag (6.58g, 12:04-5). I seem to find 2-4 of these every season on the west coast of Florida. Indeed this one even has the city location (Clearwater, Fl) and crematory name (Northeastern Crematory). Warning: Cremation tags are BAD luck and must be returned to the Sea, in this case the Gulf. I’ll be returning it tomorrow, when I continue with my low tide search. Happy Hunting

Clearwater Cremation Tag.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread