Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking at all of the post, I would say the Nox..wetsand, dry. I would have one if I hunted those area.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
few friends are doing great with TDIs right now in ma. waters

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my Tesoro Cibola at a salt beach does well, I think either one of yours would be ok.

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for someone who has used both in saltwater with and without waterproof headphones knee to chest deep

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm looking for someone who has used both in saltwater with and without waterproof headphones knee to chest deep

Right here! Get the Equinox 600. Used the Tesoro Sand Shark for years before the NOX came out. :skullflag:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the present time, I'd go with the Equinox. I'm not aware of many good waterproof headphone choices available for the Anfibio yet. The Nox has been out there awhile now and has a good track record so far. I haven't heard much feedback on the Anfibio......especially in salt water. If weight is an issue, it's heavier than the Nox. It looks like it can go a bit deeper underwater though......16 feet vs. 10 feet.

Last edited:

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
Nox! I hunt southern mass all summer. Just returned from Naples, Fla. last week and mostly used the Nox in knee to neck deep water. Very impressed having been using an excal and pulse machines in tandem for years. I believe the anfibio is just like the makro multi kruzer and is reviewed on YouTube channel “ detector comparisons”. For wet sanding the Nox is a beast but excal has it beat in depth and stability when in waves and currents imho. Minelab has the pedigree for ocean performance. First day in the ocean with the Nox netted 7 rings two of gold ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1547504676.131850.jpg

OP
OP
S

Slimpickins

Feb 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nox! I hunt southern mass all summer. Just returned from Naples, Fla. last week and mostly used the Nox in knee to neck deep water. Very impressed having been using an excal and pulse machines in tandem for years. I believe the anfibio is just like the makro multi kruzer and is reviewed on YouTube channel “ detector comparisons”. For wet sanding the Nox is a beast but excal has it beat in depth and stability when in waves and currents imho. Minelab has the pedigree for ocean performance. First day in the ocean with the Nox netted 7 rings two of gold View attachment 1671160

Thanks to everyone
Tax return will get me the nox 800. Looking forward to that. I've been using the Dual Field for 3 years and have found 5 or 6 rings including a $2000.00 replacement value Tiffany plat 950 about 16" under wet sand. I'm getting tired of digging all the iron. Too much iron for this old dude

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bluetuber hits Ma. bchs all the time -
conditions in other areas of the country can be very different than what you see up here
so he can give you the most accurate info hopefully for what you need

Thanks to everyone
Tax return will get me the nox 800. Looking forward to that. I've been using the Dual Field for 3 years and have found 5 or 6 rings including a $2000.00 replacement value Tiffany plat 950 about 16" under wet sand. I'm getting tired of digging all the iron. Too much iron for this old dude

brncofan

Jul 30, 2013
southwest ,CT
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac,EQ 800,TDIpro,TDI beachunter,excal II OBN pp mod,excal 800 blue OBN pp mod,excal blue 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
nox 800 i live in ct it works great you will really like it i have found over ten gold with it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread