Love my new strap

Dadhumanizer

Dec 5, 2018
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got me a shoulder strap. Love it for not what you would think. Sure it makes me look cool and sexy and yes it does make it great to take some of the strain off my shoulder. But the real reason I love this strap is because it holds my MD when I am digging and shaking with my beach scoop. I was getting easily frustrated dealing with my MD while trying to dig things up as it would fall or be in the way. Now I just pull my arm out of the forearm rest and it conveniently just swings to my back. Works great when I am digging in the surf and the waves are beating me to death.

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That’s awesome! I just got the Limbsaver Comfort-Tech 24501 Metal Detector Sling, Black from amazon.
I added an 11” bungee to make it float:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LPXMO9Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
6D99D7FC-6026-4344-98FA-5BF1409EAD77.jpeg

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
This strap has turned out to be a great strap compared to the others I have tried. The bungee that I added after taking off the short strap that connects to the detector, gives the detector more swing reach as I swing it the right. Plus it floats the coil better at just the right height.
Good luck!

OP
OP
D

Dadhumanizer

Dec 5, 2018
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This strap has turned out to be a great strap compared to the others I have tried. The bungee that I added after taking off the short strap that connects to the detector, gives the detector more swing reach as I swing it the right. Plus it floats the coil better at just the right height.
Good luck!
I will have to try that. I tend to push down on my detector with the strap to push it out far enough to swing it. If it hangs naturally then I am detecting the tops of my shoes.

OP
OP
D

Dadhumanizer

Dec 5, 2018
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the same shoulder strap and want to try the bungee setup, any pictures on how to attach to the detector and strap ring?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Here’s what I did. I had an old detector strap that I took the swivel clip/hook and pinch adjuster off and used it on the 11” bungee. I removed the short web strap on the ring and clipped the plastic swivel onto the ring. And stretched the bungee over the controller and tightened up the cinch button as needed. You really don’t need the extra parts on the bungee but it helps. Here are the pics. Hope this helps and good luck!

1BDF75B9-764B-4187-854C-CBF8E71F9198.jpeg

0DBD1516-BDEC-4219-85E8-DEEE637F669F.jpeg

26C4D8B6-3A6D-44AE-8533-81844C54BE1D.jpeg

Last edited:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That helped a ton, thank you. I ordered the bungees two days ago and will be rigging it all up to my excal II next weekend.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That helped a ton, thank you. I ordered the bungees two days ago and will be rigging it all up to my excal II next weekend.
You’re welcome!
That’s awesome! I’m glad I could be of some help.
Best of Luck!

OP
OP
D

Dadhumanizer

Dec 5, 2018
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the bungee. Wow what a difference! Going to go try it out on some 1715 Spanish Galleons. Today is the day!

OP
OP
D

Dadhumanizer

Dec 5, 2018
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strap worked great! They should make this standard. Mind you strap works great just as it is (for anyone reading this that is wondering if it is worth getting). I like that it keeps tension at all times with the bungee.

I didn't find anything in Sebastian. It was cold, windy and the surf was brutal. Saw some dig holes so someone was there earlier. So I went where they weren't. Found some pull tabs a lure and a strange piece of metal that I can't tell what it is. Here is a shot of the beach.

20190121_153921.jpg

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That’s great that it worked out with the added 11” bungee. Great strap with the addition.
Sorry the finds were limited on your hunt but next time you’ll find the gold. Best of luck!

DigBama

Greenie
Sep 19, 2021
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here’s what I did. I had an old detector strap that I took the swivel clip/hook and pinch adjuster off and used it on the 11” bungee. I removed the short web strap on the ring and clipped the plastic swivel onto the ring. And stretched the bungee over the controller and tightened up the cinch button as needed. You really don’t need the extra parts on the bungee but it helps. Here are the pics. Hope this helps and good luck!

View attachment 1672895

View attachment 1672896

View attachment 1672899
How does the added bungee cord support the weight of the detector? The photo shows it secured around the bottom of the controller. However, the large plastic ball, that came with the cord, does not keep the cord from slipping when it is used in this way. In other words, it does not serve as a cinch button that can be tightened. Plus, the cord has been untied and trails off the bottom of the large plastic ball. I understand about the swivel and the added cinch button which can tighten the bungee cord (on one side of the controller) but how does the larger ball without a cinch button (on the other side of the controller) keep the cord snug? Obviously I am missing something as this configuration has worked for you and, perhaps, others. Thanks in advance for your reply in response to my question.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using a shoulder harness with my detectors for over 10 years, they do support the detector, takes the weight off my arm, and puts it on my shoulder and I can let the detector go when in water and it hangs right by my side coil down controls up while I use both hands on my scoop.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread