All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Love night detecting. Waves come at you out of nowhere, just gray masses that form in the darkness. Stars are intense and speckle the sky like overspray. No one else there to answer questions for. So relaxing...

Until you walk upon a 8-9 ft. Mule in a field and all you can see is it's eyes...lol Been there...crapped myself

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or have a 8 foot 1000lb Manatee sneak up on you in 4 feet of water then keeps following you o) :censored:

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not me! I seen the movie Jaws at the wrong age in my life. Good luck!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love night detecting. Waves come at you out of nowhere, just gray masses that form in the darkness. Stars are intense and speckle the sky like overspray. No one else there to answer questions for. So relaxing...

If ya liked that... you might also enjoy the EARLY morning.

I personally enjoy the sunrise.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not me! I seen the movie Jaws at the wrong age in my life. Good luck!

Nothing like a shark "brushing" against ya to feel you out.

Works for me every time.

Seems the bigger the shark... the bigger the chill. :)

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also love night detecting, but after almost falling into a well and getting harassed by coy wolves, I have decided I need to invest in some proper night vision and a hand gun

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night digging, never done it, never will.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Many use head lamps with red leds for use at night. A hand gun is carried by some, but if that's too much you can use mace or some other deterrent.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoy a good 'land' night hunt every-now & again.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't like underwater things touching my legs in the daylight, I'd crap myself at night.
'

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love detecting the beach at night, its the best! Especially during one of the late summer meteor showers. I don't go out past knee deep and there are lots more biting pinching crabs and such but its awesome. So far I've only brushed small fish and not hungry sharks but a large flounder did take me off my feet once. I get a little freaked out but grew up swimming in Tom's River (where the true story for Jaws originated) and the Chesapeake at night so I stay inshore at the ocean at night more out of respect so I don't end up in the riptide more than for fear.

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a person with a daytime job and frequent high workload, sometimes you do not have many other chances than go in the dark, especially in fall and winter. I just think it is surprisingly much activity in the fields after dark. People walking dogs, taking a walk, riding the bike IDKW.
Also people stealing field fruits (WTF does she with a bag of corncobs worth nothing? Its not worth the effort to steal it) and “going after each other”. The latter one much to my dismay only gay.

Greets Namxat

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night hunting is the only way to go on the beach. No sunburns and no pesky people to bother you every other step.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I night hunt, but not more than knee deep in the water if at all, night time especially dawn and dusk is prime shark feeding time.

OP
OP
D

Dadhumanizer

Dec 5, 2018
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night hunting is the only way to go on the beach. No sunburns and no pesky people to bother you every other step.

Damn where is that superlike button? Reason I like to IS because of the kids and no crowds. And all that other stuff in the OP.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You also have to be careful at night for "land sharks". Had a friend mugged at night at Daytona Beach, he ended up in hospital, a couple other TNet members were mugged at night in South Florida while hunting at night. I have my CCP and I always carry at night.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You also have to be careful at night for "land sharks". Had a friend mugged at night at Daytona Beach, he ended up in hospital, a couple other TNet members were mugged at night in South Florida while hunting at night. I have my CCP and I always carry at night.

What he said.

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I love hunting in the dark in the water with a mask and snorkel. I have a very bright underwater 180 degree video light that lights up the entire area. I've been startled by manatee and seen a few sharks but for me it's just an awesome way to detect. I feel safer in the water than on land. Been doing it for years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread