Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree370Likes

Thread: Curious as to a good Concealed pistol for beach detecting

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    28957 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I carry either my Springfield XDS .45 or my Judge .45, just depends on what I am carrying that day.
    lairmo, T.C. and DeepseekerADS like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Dec 2012
    MXT-PRO Sandshark
    12541 times
    Metal Detecting
    On the beach I wear swim trunks and a t shirt
    Where do you conceal it?
    RustyGold, dts52 and claire like this.
    DON’T TRUST WHITEY / Navin Johnson

EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT, EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE OK.
    ITS GONNA BE A GOOD GOOD LIFE, THAT’S WHAT MY THERAPISTS SAY. / Bebe rexha

IF YOU’RE LOST AND ALONE, OR YOU’RE SINKING LIKE A STONE, CARRY ON / Fun

us
    Lookit Tha Size O' Those Hog-Mollies!!!

Jan 2009
    SW MO
    Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
    4317 times
    I carry a Hi-point 9mm...(when hunting/night/etc.) It's cheap to replace, fires well, and lifetime warranty. Mine went through a house fire after owning for 2 years and they took mine in and sent me a new one...LIFETIME WARRANTY/CHEAP...
    Kace and RustyGold like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2008
    S. Hutchinson Island
    Excaliber II with homemade straight shaft
    222 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toddbbq View Post
    Trust me I know all about situational awareness from many years of military service and I only detect at beaches that are pretty wide open. I typically hunt with a friend but sometimes alone. I was thinking of a nice compact 9mm semi auto glock or sig.
    The Sig 365 9mm sub compact holds 10+1, had some issues early on but have rectified
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”-Mark Twain

us
    Jan 2016
    NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
    Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
    4714 times
    Just replace your shaft with an AR15 by mounting your coil and control boxes on the picatinny rails.
    T.C., trdking, lairmo and 1 others like this.
    “During the gold rush its a good time to be in the pick and shovel business.” Mark Twain

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    28957 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-gordon View Post
    Where do you conceal it?
    Remember I am not there to swim, sometimes I am wearing a lower wet suit shorts tucked inside, sometimes 3/4 wetsuit inside top, sometimes I wear jean shorts, use inside the waist kydex holster, sometimes it is in pocket of vest I wear.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jan 17, 2019 at 07:31 AM.
    lairmo likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Dec 2018
    Alaska
    Nox 800
    391 times
    Glock in 9mm or larger with defensive ammo. Remember your first goal is to stop the threat, not piss him off

May 2012
    Kalamity Falls, Orygun
    Whites M6
    1830 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lairmo View Post
    I carry a Hi-point 9mm...(when hunting/night/etc.) It's cheap to replace, fires well, and lifetime warranty. Mine went through a house fire after owning for 2 years and they took mine in and sent me a new one...LIFETIME WARRANTY/CHEAP...
    I own a Hi-Point 9mm as well...great pistol and made in America too. The lifetime warranty covers it even if you are not the original owner. Can't beat that!
    Kace, trdking and lairmo like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    16710 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    All you gun guys and gals, I was and still am with you. I've been pro-2nd long before I got whacked

My Second Amendment stance did NOT protect me from ambush. What good does it do to carry when we wake up wondering where and who we are?
    Kace, Oddjob, lairmo and 2 others like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    16710 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-gordon View Post
    Where do you conceal it?
    Well Jeff, I feel your pain. Maybe a smaller caliber concealed in a place they're not supposed to look?

Edit? Stuff it up your butt?
    lairmo and Nitric like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Jan 2016
    NW Arcanslaw / SW Misery
    Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold / Garrett PropointerAT.
    4714 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepseekerADS View Post
    What good does it do to carry when we wake up wondering where and who we are?
    Anyone who wakes up wondering where and who they are shouldn't be carrying a gun in the first place.... Just sayin.
    DeepseekerADS, RTR, lairmo and 1 others like this.
    “During the gold rush its a good time to be in the pick and shovel business.” Mark Twain

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    21570 times
    Metal Detecting
    Glock 43 in a plastic sandwich bag always works well for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glock-43-8.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	1671736  

us
    Nov 2017
    Woodland Park, Colorado
    XP Deus, Equinox 800, AT Max, AT Pro, MXT, GMT, Goldmaster 4, Garrett Sea Hunter, Go Find 60.
    27 times
    Whenever I'm detecting, be it park or beach, my favorite is a Smith and Wesson Airlite 8 shot .22LR Revolver. Fits in the front pocket of my shorts and since it's light and compact it doesn't "print" and it's easy to get to. Ask any emergency room physician about how a .22 "tumbles" thru your guts as opposed to a larger Caliber going straight thru. When I'm not detecting my favorite Carry is a single stack Glock Model 43 in 9mm. Last, but not least, if I'm detecting for gold in the mountains where there are Bears I like a .357 revolver. Functions much better than an Auto if I get it dirty.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    4185 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    I always carry a .380 when detecting. I also rarely use headphones if I'm alone, but more often than not I have my pup with me and he's a very nice deterrent for anyone coming too close. He also lets me know if anybody or another animal is around.

I also wear a vest when detecting that is great for carrying concealed either with a shoulder holster or in a pocket. It's open carry here too, so if the firearm is on your belt, you're fine then too. I just think some people get weird about seeing a gun, so if I'm in town or around people at all, it's concealed.

Jeff...Instead of a t-shirt, you might try a lightweight fly fishing vest.

Deep...I'm sorry you got attacked, but happy you came out of that experience ok.

Kace

Charter Member
    us
    Randy

Feb 2015
    Fullerton CA
    Minelab CTX 3030 AT Pro
    5359 times
    I love the way a Glock Shoots, but I have never been a fan of the trigger safety. The statement that a lot of Cops pick them is not necessarily true. The cops department chooses them and when cops pick their own, some do some don't. I personally see a lot of HK's and Sig's. If you do research the Glock trigger safety shoots more people (Including officers) in the leg or foot than any other. It is not my choice for a CC. The smith Governor and other .45 .410 Revolvers are spectacular side arms when hiking and My Governor tucks nicely into a fanny pack or back carry. It is heavy. #6 High base birdshot is a real deterrent and you can't miss. It would be my choice for any amateur or new cc user. For the more experienced trained CC My choice is a hammerless snub nosed .357 mag, Plus Ps are a real hoot. .357 is lightweight and packs a real whollip IMO
    T.C., Kace, lairmo and 1 others like this.
    Anything That Comes Out of The Dirt Is Awesome!

Best find 1941 Patek Philippe 2 register flat pusher Chronograph Bought 1,000 Sold 62,000 !!
    First Year 911 Porsche Purchased 36K SOLD 140K!!! Whoo Hoo

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links