Sand Scoop Question

langsy

Feb 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coob scoop

Has anyone used the SITO or White's version HexScoop (made by SITO) Sand Scoop! I was looking at the medium sized one to try and save some weight.
Let me know what your thoughts are on these scoops. Thanks!

I didn’t like where the sito logo was on the end of scoop ,hole big enough for finds to fall through ,I’ll usually shake the find toward end of scoop . So I went with the medium size scoop from coob ,I didn’t want all that weight in a big scoop hard on back , I rather make two digs easier on back.

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn’t like where the sito logo was on the end of scoop ,hole big enough for finds to fall through ,I’ll usually shake the find toward end of scoop . So I went with the medium size scoop from coob ,I didn’t want all that weight in a big scoop hard on back , I rather make two digs easier on back.
That’s what I thought about the logo placement as well. Looks like small jewelry items could fall through easily. The White’s HexScoop version made by Sito doesn’t appear to be as large of an opening at the logo.
Thanks for your input. Best of luck!

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone purchase the White’s HexScoop? Just wanted some feedback on it and what others thought. Thanks!

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone purchase the White’s HexScoop? Just wanted some feedback on it and what others thought. Thanks!

I'm looking at it. The medium looks good. I think it's made by Sito and people love those.

FloridaSon

Sep 29, 2018
Between Half Reale Beach and Nuestra Seflora de La
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I purchased this "ProSeries" scoop, tried it one time and sent it back. Why? Wet sand would stick in this scoop and was difficult to shake out. You had to shake it about 3 tines. Much more work than a round bottom, wide top like the second pic. The struts do worry me some though. These are knockoff copies I guess, the Nuttall version might be sized and work much better. 61Ebnmo78BL._SX180_.jpg 61LJB76uQDL._SX180_.jpg

OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks FloridaSon!
Anybody own the medium Sito Scoop or medium Whites HexScoop? If so what’s your experience with it.

red83hd

Dec 22, 2019
NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey rustygold what scoop did you end up going with and how do you like it?

Treasureman25

May 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Mxt pro, coinmaster gt, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In regards to the nuttall I wrote the number down I’m gonna order one to try! :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
RustyGold

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey rustygold what scoop did you end up going with and how do you like it?

I went with the Monstrik V1 by CooB here’s the link:

Here’s the review I wrote:

Well built, Mid-size, Stainless Steel Sand Scoop
Reviewed in the United States on September 30, 2019
Size: Monstrik V1Verified Purchase
The Monstrik v1 is a well made mid-size stainless steel scoop. It has everything I look for in a sand scoop. Welds are clean and sanded and no errant welds in pole/handle opening. Scoop is heavy duty for its size. Scoop Weighs 1lb.-11.5 oz. The Monstrik v1 is lighter than the larger scoops.
Opening for handle is approximately 1-3/16” ID. You will need a size 8 x 1” stainless steel pan head sheet metal screw for fastening the handle. Scoop lip is very sharp so be careful. Perfect sand scoop

Last edited by a moderator:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went with the Monstrik V1 by CooB here’s the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076VLT6DW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here’s the review I wrote:

Well built, Mid-size, Stainless Steel Sand Scoop
Reviewed in the United States on September 30, 2019
Size: Monstrik V1Verified Purchase
The Monstrik v1 is a well made mid-size stainless steel scoop. It has everything I look for in a sand scoop. Welds are clean and sanded and no errant welds in pole/handle opening. Scoop is heavy duty for its size. Scoop Weighs 1lb.-11.5 oz. The Monstrik v1 is lighter than the larger scoops.
Opening for handle is approximately 1-3/16” ID. You will need a size 8 x 1” stainless steel pan head sheet metal screw for fastening the handle. Scoop lip is very sharp so be careful. Perfect sand scoop

Hope you get years of use from it. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread