donlor

Apr 4, 2007
staten island, ny
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark, tesoro tiger shark, tesoro cibola, goldbug se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hi,
have not been able to do much detecting in aug/sept but finally got out the last 3 days. 2 out of the 3 have been good days. On 9/25 (in the water with my sand shark) i found a 6.5g 14k ring with 6 tiny diamonds - unfortunately it is a name ring - lisa.
On 9/26 i had my first multiple day - 2 good finds and a third find that i am not sure of (in the water with my sand shark) i found a .9g 14k earing, a ring 3.2g (what it is i don’t know, it has the look of white gold) - it has a stamp on the inside with 3 markings - the first marking is a P, the second marking is what looks like a horse’s head, the third marking is 2 dots followed by a Y and they are underscored) the 3 markings are like individual boxes. i tried my acid and stone test on it and it tested negative for platinum, 10k gold, and silver - any ideas???
my third find was the winner - a 18.4g 14k bracelet - my first bracelet - i can’t tell you how happy i am for this whole day. As i lifted my scoop out of the water the bracelet was half hanging out of it - it is amazing how fast you can grasp something!!
Hopefully i will get into the water in brighton or coney island beach on Saturday.
Donald
hi,
made it to bklyn and tried brighton beach (in the water) for about 3 hrs - nothing but a piece of junk jewelry and $.35 - lots of batteries.
but, i am slowly getting better at working the water and it will pay off in time.
i hooked up with another detector from s.i. (keith) who contacted me after my post. we had a good time working the water here but did not find anything or note.
he told me that the mysterious ring that i found was probably palladium. they do make palladium rings and it weighs about the same as gold so that is what i am assuming it is.
donald

Attachments

• DSCF0005.JPG
    DSCF0005.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 388
Upvote 0

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of goodies. WTG

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the way you used a dwarf to hold up the goodies. Most, myself included use a paper clip for the rings and chains are just laying flat. This looks much better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread