finds so far
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Apr 2007
    staten island, ny
    tesoro sand shark, tesoro tiger shark, tesoro cibola, goldbug se
    6 times
    Metal Detecting

finds so far

hi,
    have not been able to do much detecting in aug/sept but finally got out the last 3 days. 2 out of the 3 have been good days. On 9/25 (in the water with my sand shark) i found a 6.5g 14k ring with 6 tiny diamonds - unfortunately it is a name ring - lisa.
    On 9/26 i had my first multiple day - 2 good finds and a third find that i am not sure of (in the water with my sand shark) i found a .9g 14k earing, a ring 3.2g (what it is i donít know, it has the look of white gold) - it has a stamp on the inside with 3 markings - the first marking is a P, the second marking is what looks like a horseís head, the third marking is 2 dots followed by a Y and they are underscored) the 3 markings are like individual boxes. i tried my acid and stone test on it and it tested negative for platinum, 10k gold, and silver - any ideas
    my third find was the winner - a 18.4g 14k bracelet - my first bracelet - i canít tell you how happy i am for this whole day. As i lifted my scoop out of the water the bracelet was half hanging out of it - it is amazing how fast you can grasp something!!
    Hopefully i will get into the water in brighton or coney island beach on Saturday.
    Donald
    hi,
    made it to bklyn and tried brighton beach (in the water) for about 3 hrs - nothing but a piece of junk jewelry and $.35 - lots of batteries.
    but, i am slowly getting better at working the water and it will pay off in time.
    i hooked up with another detector from s.i. (keith) who contacted me after my post. we had a good time working the water here but did not find anything or note.
    he told me that the mysterious ring that i found was probably palladium. they do make palladium rings and it weighs about the same as gold so that is what i am assuming it is.
    donald
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0005.JPG 
Views:	354 
Size:	219.3 KB 
ID:	157177  

Jul 2007
    Michigan
    Cobra Beach Magnet Fisher 1270

Re: finds so far

Real nice finds there. Love the display.
    Avatar is Silver and Gold jewelry found over the years.

us
    Jul 2005
    Close enough to the beach
    **Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
    371 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Nice bunch of goodies. WTG
    Time is nothing, timing is everything.

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3974 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

I like the way you used a dwarf to hold up the goodies. Most, myself included use a paper clip for the rings and chains are just laying flat. This looks much better.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Jul 2007
    Western Massachusetts
    Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
    8 times

Very nice finds!

Sponsored Links