West Coast black sand beaches - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: West Coast black sand beaches

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    "Dew" Meeker

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
    1075 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (4)
    Ive got a couple of days on a detector as well. My intention was to put out info he may not be aware of not sell you a machine Scott. I do my research as well because prying the money out of my hands ain’t easy either lol.
    Treasure_Hunter and sws33 like this.

Nov 2015
    16 times
    The east coasters just dont know the struggle of the black sand! Even with my ctx it turns into a dig all detector when in thick black sand if it's more than a couple inches deep, and that's listening for the faintessed chirps above all the ground noise. I wish I could afford a PI machine for these for winter hunting, those fallen down sandunes is where it's at but it's all pure black lol
    sws33 likes this.

us
    Scott

Mar 2013
    huntington beach ca
    white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21
    204 times
    I went to sunset Beach yesterday, I actually did find a zirconium ring but very little else, maybe 60 some odd cents. The sand had been piled up along with lots of debris but the black sand was just gnarly in some spots. Had to swing the detector 3 to 4 inches off of the sand to keep it from falsing. I had a Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2 that I used to use at sunset Beach, but traded it off with a makro multi kruzer to get my CZ 21. I sure wouldn't mind having the pi machine back for no other purpose than to hunt sunset Beach but I am still happy with the decision I made to trade it off for the CZ21. I now have a detector I can take to a freshwater Beach, a saltwater Beach or the park. Yes I take my CZ 21 to the park to hunt. I guess I'm going to have to wait till the end of summer with hopes of grabbing a couple of gold rings to replace the PI machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links