Chilly outing, last Monday 10 degrees / 26 mph winds, Tuesday 19.4 degrees, 3 golds

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Had some great conditions last week, a little cold but very well prepared. It's taken me several years to be able to say I can go out in Zero degree temps for five hours and leave feeling perfectly warm.

Last week temps and winds were crazy...Monday the beach I was hunting had very little wind chill since the winds were blowing out.
10 degrees, water temps 37 degrees.

42.jpg

Ice was falling off of my suit as I walked back to the car after 5 hours in the deep.

20190121_143002.jpg ..

The Booty from Monday...
Has to be a record for me, 42 nickels..then 2 gold rings, 2 silver Washingtons and 2 sterling's.

21.jpg ..

201.jpg ..

Then Tuesday was a very nice day, just a little chilly at 19.4 but winds were calm.

OBN-0001.jpg ..

When I hit the water it was a super low tide so I had to get out a distance off shore to get targets. They were every where and just a few inch's deep, but in oyster shells hard packed. I hate digging in that stuff, some targets took me ten minute to dig..

327203_12.jpg ..

The treasures....1 gold and a few silvers/sterlings

20.jpg ..

I learned something this outing, a few years ago I had dug what I though was gold earings, being two matching, from two different hunts, that's what I figured. I had got the pair..3 years ago!

21.2.jpg ..

But this trip there was a third! So this meant it was a bracelet or some type of chain.
Pieces ...2 from 3 years ago and the one from Tuesdays.

21.1.jpg ..

treasure and trash, learned my lesson this hunt also, got there at lowtide thinking it would be good for several hours, after two hours the tide was pushing me in, water was getting too deep to dig in safely. So I got chased out of the good area...:BangHead:
21b.jpg ..

Got another cold front coming in weds, sure slows things down but the cold gold is calling! Never let it rest!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions