Garrett atx extreme vs Makro multi kruzer

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
I’d broaden your consideration. Pulse vs. multi freq. if you want to dig everything and deep, then pulse! But I’d rather the tdi beach hunter imo. You’ll save hundreds. Multi freq units, you should consider the Excalibur or cz21 in addition to multi kruzer. I’m not sure the kruzer runs all 3 freq simultaneously. There’s a review of the kruzer on YouTube by “Detector comparisons” FYI.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buying for saltwater beaches which one would be best?

Neither. If you want discrimination and are not going deeper than 10 feet underwater, get (in my order of choice) an Equinox 800, 600, or CTX3030. If going deeper than 10 feet, the Excalibur, or CZ21. If you want to dig everything, including nails, staples, nuts, bolt, etc, a PI machine. Single frequency machines are not the best in salt water environments.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ATX is the deepest detector out there today it also have some disimination . I had owh one for years.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But Ron...... most of the time ive seen you you are swinging the Xcal? I wont deny PIs are DEEP.... but the trash to treasure and the tole it takes on a OLD body may not be worth the totals at years end. It may well also depend on location. Here in Fl ..... there are times a PI should be used ..... but it isnt during recent drop times. You just cover more water/beach with a disc VLF and most give good depth especially here in Fl.

CudaMark.... that may be changing as they learn more about GB and salt balancing single freqs like on the MDT 8000 on the beach. If you are seriously considering a PI.... wait. The Fisher may be the next best thing.

OP
OP
Grumpie

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The detector will be for dbl duty and I'm buying it primarily bc I'll b spending 2wks in Hawaii. 10' waterproofing depth is plenty and a pi machine would work in the gold fields for me as well. Why the 800nox over the Mk does it really have a big edge on the MK

Last edited:
OP
OP
Grumpie

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Nokta fors gold plus, tesoro lobo supertraq, Makro gold racer, Nokta Makro Anfibio
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I heard the MK was doing well in saltwater not to say the nox is not what about the anfibio?

OP
OP
Grumpie

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most crap on a beach is non ferrous so you're going to dig it anyway right. So a pi machine wouldn't be terrible I wouldn't think

OP
OP
Grumpie

Grumpie

Oct 23, 2016
Cedar Park, Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My gut is telling me go with the ATX waterproof pi detector with iron discrimination

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you buy the ATX , buy the PRO SWING from MINELAB . you like the ATX better that way

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But Ron...... most of the time ive seen you you are swinging the Xcal? I wont deny PIs are DEEP.... but the trash to treasure and the tole it takes on a OLD body may not be worth the totals at years end. It may well also depend on location. Here in Fl ..... there are times a PI should be used ..... but it isnt during recent drop times. You just cover more water/beach with a disc VLF and most give good depth especially here in Fl.

CudaMark.... that may be changing as they learn more about GB and salt balancing single freqs like on the MDT 8000 on the beach. If you are seriously considering a PI.... wait. The Fisher may be the next best thing.
I have an equinox 800 now too

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah, I've been holding my breath on the Fisher "Manta".....starting to turn blue however.......:thumbsup:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The detector will be for dbl duty and I'm buying it primarily bc I'll b spending 2wks in Hawaii. 10' waterproofing depth is plenty and a pi machine would work in the gold fields for me as well. Why the 800nox over the Mk does it really have a big edge on the MK

The Multi Kruzer only operates on one frequency at a time. The Equinox is true multifrequency, which is what you want in salt water. The other single frequency machines and PI's that claim they work in salt water, are not totally honest about it. Sure, they work, but, you have to detune them to the point where you lose lots of depth, especially in mineralized ground (I.E. black sand) None of the PI's currently have true iron discrimination. Some have a pseudo-disc that can help a bit, but, not near as good as a multifrequency VLF. Most of the PI machines I've handled are not light or ergonomic in any sense of the word. Swing a few and you will see what I'm talking about. The ATX is HEAVY. If you're going to hunt out of the water as well as in the water, you're going to want one that doesn't kill your arm after an hour of hunting. The Nox is the lightest salt water machine out there at the moment. It makes hunting the sand a true pleasure. Hip mounting an Excal is pretty nice too. The CZ21 is a very good water machine also, but, it feels awkward on the beach to me.

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Multi Kruzer only operates on one frequency at a time. The Equinox is true multifrequency, which is what you want in salt water. The other single frequency machines and PI's that claim they work in salt water, are not totally honest about it. Sure, they work, but, you have to detune them to the point where you lose lots of depth, especially in mineralized ground (I.E. black sand) None of the PI's currently have true iron discrimination. Some have a pseudo-disc that can help a bit, but, not near as good as a multifrequency VLF. Most of the PI machines I've handled are not light or ergonomic in any sense of the word. Swing a few and you will see what I'm talking about. The ATX is HEAVY. If you're going to hunt out of the water as well as in the water, you're going to want one that doesn't kill your arm after an hour of hunting. The Nox is the lightest salt water machine out there at the moment. It makes hunting the sand a true pleasure. Hip mounting an Excal is pretty nice too. The CZ21 is a very good water machine also, but, it feels awkward on the beach to me.

I have to agree about the CZ21, it's a great machine but I found it too heavy, I now have an Equinox which I can swing pretty much all day and it's an awesome wet sand machine.

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have my CZ 21 on an Andersen shaft and just got done with a four and a half hour hunt but I could have probably stayed out another two or three hours without fatigue. seemed like everything was about a foot deep today, walked away with a little bit less than $4 and change, a junk earring and a stainless steel ring. I think there are definitely better choices for land hunting, although I take my CZ 21 land hunting all the time and do quite well with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread