CZ 21 Beach hunt

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't expecting a whole lot today, it has been raining for the last few days so I thought maybe there was a little bit of erosion at the beach. 10 quarters, 8 dimes, 3 nickels, 20 pennies, a junk earring and a stainless steel ring. It seemed like everything was down around a foot deep today with the exception of one quarter that I pulled out of probably 6 to 8" or so but right next to a two inch long nail. I've heard it said the CZ's have issues with iron masking, I do not find that to be the case.

Attachments

• IMG_20190205_150826304.jpg
    IMG_20190205_150826304.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20190205_123224760.jpg
    IMG_20190205_123224760.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 120
Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to see you got out 33. It has been pouring here (Seal Beach).
I was wondering if the beach was affected from all that rain and surf.
Guess we’re over the drought for awhile.
Good luck!

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
sws33

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been to sunset Beach to see how it may have been cut, but Huntington Beach hasn't been all that affected by the rain. I know some sand has been removed because I was there a few days ago and got pretty much nothing, so I'm happy with the result. I'm trying to talk myself into going to sunset Beach to see if the shoreline has been cut there, but the black sand at sunset Beach is so thick that without a pulse machine it's hard to get much depth.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive pulled a gold ring under a dozen nails in dry sand - silver half under a heavy rusted steel boat chain in fresh water
and many other silver and gold items under or with iron/steel
I hunt in all metal and click over to zero =ID mode ---in most cases - if you got a good target (which is usually high tone on CZs)
under one or many pieces of steel junk (which are usually low tones on CZs) you will get the high signal amongst
the lows -- example - when I passed over spot with nails - I got low "burp burp burp - bink - burp burp"
went over again and got the same - I scooped and kept getting nails but each time I rescanned - got the high "bink"
tone still and less "burps" - like 3rd scoop I got 2 nails and the ring -- others had hammered all around it so guess they
missed it because of the nails
I hunted a cement boat ramp that had rebar thru it - and pulled a gold ring and a silver chain along with a few coins and fishing tackle
I went for the high tones thru the low tone rebar signals

OP
OP
sws33

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunset Beach was kind of a wash today. Lots of sand deposited up near the shoreline with lots of debris. I was kind of cracking up because I knew I wasn't going to find anything today has one look at the beach and I knew lots of sand had been moved up on shore. But, the very first signal I dug was a lashbrook zirconium ring. I know zirconium isn't anything special but when I Google lashbrook the cheapest zirconium ring I can find is $250. I did speak with a young lady who was beachcombing while I was there and she showed me this rock she found. this thing was about the size of a small chicken egg and I would swear it was opal. The fire in this thing was amazing. I doubt that it was opal but I have never seen a stone with that many colors and that wasn't an
Opal.

Attachments

• IMG_20190206_114037397.jpg
    IMG_20190206_114037397.jpg
    739.3 KB · Views: 88

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm about 100 miles north of you in Santa Barbara. Was hoping the same thing about the last storms striping some sand away. Nope ! Actually made it worse , washed away the cut that was here and piled it down slope.
I use a CZ6a in salt mode , very similar electronics as the CZ21. I have the same experience as Casper describes. If i get a high tone mixed in i'll dig. I've found quarters next to bottle caps.
Then again i like digging mixed tones. Yes solid tones generally mean coin/silver/gold but mixed tones have been pocket knives , phones , watches and other cool stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread