Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:crybaby2: Probably not the best place to post, but consider this my home and need to commiserate :crybaby2:

Driving to Clearwater Beach Wednesday morning, the tailgate on my F150 fell open and out rolled my black net, string backpack with numerous metal detecting items: 2 pointers (Garrett Propointer II , Vibra Pro 585), gray waterproof windbreaker, the battery back-up battery pack for my CTX 3030, waterproof rain pants, yellow inflatable snorkeling vest, duct tape, headlamp, valuables pouch and belt, a side pouch of brown leather, several pairs of gloves…you get the point. Contacted various police stations and highway patrol, looked at various reporting sites such as Craig’s list. It’s gone…cry, cry.

Already bought a new Pointer; this time a Fisher Pulse, so that it will work in salt water. One of my major gripes about the other Pointers that I’ve had is that the simply don’t work well in salt water and even work poorly in very wet (salty) sand. These previous Pointers are VLF machines running around 12k Hz. Time to try a PI Pointer.

And, about to order another CTX 3030 battery pack. The Pointer and battery pack are critical items I need NOW to make MDing more fun and efficient. Nothing worse than not being able to find a small item in the sand or running out of juice in the middle of a hunt far from home. I stand corrected — Nothing worse than losing your MDing backpack on the way to a hunt and ending up spending the day hunting for the backpack that is never found. Happy Hunting

Upvote 0

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry that happened to you. It’s always a bummer to lose tools like that. Maybe put your name and phone number in the bag just in case.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing worse than losing your MDing backpack on the way to a hunt and ending up spending the day hunting for the backpack that is never found. Happy Hunting

Sorry to hear, I have one close. Headed to a location yesterday, new spot...bam...hit something big with the prop on the boat...luckily I did find gold to ease the pain. Wishing you the same...

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lawrence......do you mind if i use that story to get the significant other to let me buy new stuff :laughing7: ....... you sneaky devil.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bummer just like losing construction tools, Tools of the trade

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you should trade in the ford for a toyota and not worry about the gate falling open ever again :icon_thumright:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would call local police department to see if anyone may have called to report it found or may have turned it in. You never know. There still are some honest people in this world. Good luck.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe you should trade in the ford for a toyota and not worry about the gate falling open ever again :icon_thumright:
I had my, bought new, Toyota Tacoma since 2005
I haven’t been able to open the tailgate since 2007. Lol!

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had my, bought new, Toyota Tacoma since 2005
I haven’t been able to open the tailgate since 2007. Lol!

At least you dont need to worry about it flying open and loosing stuff :laughing7:

I never had a problem with any of mine, but since you got it new and it happened while under warranty, why didn't you take it to the dealer to fix?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
At least you dont need to worry about it flying open and loosing stuff :laughing7:

I never had a problem with any of mine, but since you got it new and it happened while under warranty, why didn't you take it to the dealer to fix?

Time and neglect basically. But on a positive note I only have 14,900 miles on it!

bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bummer !
I lost a $100 sand scoop ( not the handle tho !) And my headphones off my motorcycle. Guess i didnt bungee them down good enough. I would put the headphones in the scoop and i think what happened was the cord got tangled in my rear wheel , yanked the headphones pulling out the scoop ,because i found the cord tangled in my rear wheel when i got home.
Hope someone finds and returns your stuff. An lost add on Craigslist might help.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Bummer !
I lost a $100 sand scoop ( not the handle tho !) And my headphones off my motorcycle. Guess i didnt bungee them down good enough. I would put the headphones in the scoop and i think what happened was the cord got tangled in my rear wheel , yanked the headphones pulling out the scoop ,because i found the cord tangled in my rear wheel when i got home.
Hope someone finds and returns your stuff. An lost add on Craigslist might help.
Wow! That sure could of turn into a disaster. Glad you didn’t get hurt.

OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Lawrence......do you mind if i use that story to get the significant other to let me buy new stuff :laughing7: ....... you sneaky devil.

You absolutely need back up equipment to minimize downtime. Otherwise, you'll have to follow your wife (or husband) around shopping all day. Your choice.

OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry for your loss of equipment! WOW..

Just a suggestion...I use the small TrackRs and put them in bags, on keychains, in my wallet, cars, equipment, bikes etc. They are affordable and you can track anything from your phone with them.

Good Luck,

Kace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread