🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Fisher F-Pulse
After losing 2 Pointers in a backpack (fell off tailgate), I decided to buy a pulse (induction) PI Pointer. My previous 2 pointers were single VLF machines running at about 12k Hz and, from field experience, were sensitive in the 1-1 ¼” max range in dry sand. However, these VLF Pointers acted just like VLF metal detectors (which they are) and gave too many false signals (falsing) in salt water and in salty, wet sand. I expect a PI Pointer would yield less falsing in and around salt water.

Just received my new waterproof Fisher F-Pulse Metal Detecting Pinpointer and decided to test its max (air) range at its medium setting. I tested 4 coins; 25, 10, 5 and 1 (2012) cents and used a ruler to measure distance directly out from the tip of the Pointer. Overall, the F-Pulse Pinpointer had a max range of 2 ¼ - 2 ½” in air testing at its medium setting. Also, it appeared that coin size influenced max range; as coin size increased (10, 1, 5, 25) max range increased. The F-Pulse has 3 sensitivity settings and the max setting is reported to have a max range of about 3”. [Wife is asleep now and so can't test lowest and highest sensitivity settings because if I awake her with the beeping she'll put this pointer where the sun doesn't shine!]

Importantly, the F-Pulse can be calibrated for saltwater simply by placing it in the salt water and turning it on; perfect for my needs along the Gulf of Mexico. In addition, the F-Pulse has a selection of 16 operating frequencies and simply pick one that does not interfere with your metal detector.

The F-Pulse appears suited for my aging hands (and mind); it has a good grip and it vibrates and sounds an alarm when a target is detected. Also, you can program features (light level, sensitivity, number of beeps and vibrations) to suit your needs. I’m starting to sound like a commercial so I’ll stop. Suffice it to say I’m impressed. Looking forward to testing it in the field, err I should say Gulf in the next few days...I'll let ya know.
Happy Hunting

Upvote 0

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the review. Please post more after you get to use it in the real world.

I started to buy a Fisher but went with the Garrett Z-Lynk pro pointer and headphones. I like it so far and it seems to work well in wet sand but I'm still considering the Fisher.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like what your saying.......what's the price range ??

OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Was able to test the Fisher F-Pulse pointer today in the Gulf and it worked as advertised. I turned on the unit while the tip was in a small puddle of salt water/wet sand, that scanned quiet with my detector, and searched my wet sand dump in the surf for the very small target. No falsing and the F-Pulse was very quiet until I detected the target. My previous VLF pointers would have gone crazy in the same salty environment and become inoperative. I was able to recover another very small piece of trash from the beach.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which machine was you using? Some machine do not get along with a Pulse PPer.

OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Further update: I have used the Fisher F-Pulse for about 7-8 weeks, 10 hrs/wk. I think its biggest fault is that it is hard to turn off. This does drive me crazy. You have to press the thing just right, not to short and not too long or else it goes to some mode where you can't turn it off. It does work well in a salt water environment, though. Wait a minute for it to go off? A minute is external in the MDing World. I drop my recommendation for a 8 (v.good) to 3 (not acceptable). I'll have to look for another PI pointer next year.
[Now I have to go to another forum to discuss my dead Excal - battery wires cracked and unit died. And, nothing seems standard on the Excal in terms of parts or even wire to replace.]

I use the CTX 3030.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Further update: I have used the Fisher F-Pulse for about 7-8 weeks, 10 hrs/wk. I think its biggest fault is that it is hard to turn off. This does drive me crazy. You have to press the thing just right, not to short and not too long or else it goes to some mode where you can't turn it off.

Press/hold the button until you hear a beep, about 1/2 second. As soon as you hear the beep, release the button. It's off.

If you hear the beep and don't release the button, it takes 2-3 seconds before it kicks into Setup mode. Therefore, when you hear the beep you have 2-3 seconds to release the button to turn it off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread