Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow Casper. I am really sorry to read this. I hope things will go your way. I will keep you in my prayers. Wishing you all the best.

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wishing you all the best Casper. Hope things turn around for you real soon. Good luck and look after yourself. Take care.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys - hope the best (bunch of yellow stuff in your scoops) for you
only saving grace is if i get chance to hunt - water is good - cold numbs the back plus takes the weight off it
would not be good if i was a 100% land guy like i was starting out - bending and kneeling - wouldn't be able to do it

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were the discs herniated by one accident or accumulated wear n tear? Many of us have herniated discs and don't have problems. I work in an orthopedic office. My condolences . You are right that the water is a good place to be for you. Aquatic therapy we call it and people pay good money to do it lol.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just have bulging ones. But the knees are going fast. Best wishes and better yet, prayers.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
2017 finds vid - did not get out much - less and less each year

got to work on 2018 next - not much to show - got out even less but got a few keepers
now I got result of back tests - 5 herniated disks - so who knows how much i'll get out this year
Good luck to all that get out!

Great video Mr Casper! And very sorry to hear about the Disc...Not good. Hope all gets back to normal for you, and you can spend more time treasure hunting.

Look at this, what are the chances us finding identical 1926 class rings !! Different states!!
I never noticed before I seen this video, mine was from last year.

OBN-0010.jpg

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Vid Casper - Maybe one day we will meet up for a hunt, until then; wishing you the best of luck! :occasion14:

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I've had 2 back surgeries...first one Doc said they'd never dug out so much shrapnel...same on the 2nd...it takes a while to recover sometimes but you just have to do it. Hell I couldn't walk right for 8 months after the first one. You know what I do for a living? I crawl on ladders, under peoples nasty houses on my elbows and toes..and crawl through their hot ass attics...it can be done!!!! Definitely not a Nike supporter but you just do it!! HH (in the near future)..:thumbsup:

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Some really good stuff there, Casper! Hope your physical health improves enough to get out there when you can. Getting the old stuff is harder and harder to do. We're not young bucks anymore and digging those faints can take a lot out of a fellow.

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
Nice Vid Casper, looking forward to digging some yellow or colonial with you this season. Get Well!!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were the discs herniated by one accident or accumulated wear n tear? Many of us have herniated discs and don't have problems. I work in an orthopedic office. My condolences . You are right that the water is a good place to be for you. Aquatic therapy we call it and people pay good money to do it lol.

not all at once - here and there over the years - thought ii was indestructible when I was young - paying for it now
this last one was the "straw that broke the camels back" I guess - ive always been sore here and there from them
but this one im hurting 24/7 - have some bulging and some degeneration and few other anomalies in there too
theyre gonna trying the hanging thing and some other therapy got some other health issues too - if therapy does
work - doc said this plus my other ailments might put me out on disability - gonna give it 6 months
Im not a drinker or drug user so no crutches there and they are not prescribing any opioids - Ma. has a prob and all
4 docs said I have to suffer - for those who have had it - it feels like constant sciatica - but unlike normal sciatic nerve pain which Ive
experienced here and there over the yrs - this is constant and not much relief out there

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hunt 90% of the time waist deep and deeper - so hoping i can get in a little
where theres a will - theres a way
yrs ago broke thumb at work - docs said stay out of water with cast
found this thing that fit over and you suck air out for tight seal - got out and got nice ring for my efforts
was able to hunt few other times with it and got more yellow i would have missed
theresawilltheresaway.JPG

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not all at once - here and there over the years - thought ii was indestructible when I was young - paying for it now
this last one was the "straw that broke the camels back" I guess - ive always been sore here and there from them
but this one im hurting 24/7 - have some bulging and some degeneration and few other anomalies in there too
theyre gonna trying the hanging thing and some other therapy got some other health issues too - if therapy does
work - doc said this plus my other ailments might put me out on disability - gonna give it 6 months
Im not a drinker or drug user so no crutches there and they are not prescribing any opioids - Ma. has a prob and all
4 docs said I have to suffer - for those who have had it - it feels like constant sciatica - but unlike normal sciatic nerve pain which Ive
experienced here and there over the yrs - this is constant and not much relief out there

Sorry to hear your health issues Don, hope you can get some relief/cure and keep detecting. You have inspired me to beach and shallow water hunt. Best wishes from England.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread