bravobob

Feb 16, 2017
Santa Barbara,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Prospector
Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all , Hope your day was a good one. I had a full day of detecting. This morning i hit a park I've never been to ( http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/601399-another-park-another-silver-ring.html ). Did good.
After lunch and a nap i went to the beach. No cut , just slope. But there was this flat spot that was about 10x20 where the sand was rippled. Every where else was slopped and smooth. The rippled sand was hard , the smooth sand was soft. The rippled spot was darker than the sand around it. I started at one end and the first target was a nickle then a sinker then another sinker and it kept going. In the end i pulled 9 sinkers , 7 quarters , 6 nickles , 4 dimes and 6 pennies from a center strip down the spot. I didn't find anything on the slope except pull tabs and foil.
Was this one of those spots i've read about where heavy stuff accumulates? I think i had found one. I grid'd the area over and over hoping for gold!
IMG_20190225_192313_01.jpg
Notice all the lugs on the sinkers have dissolved.

Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, that is where heavy stuff accumulated. If you find crusty coins and lead sinkers, you are in a good area/zone.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting