DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If I’m only hunting the wash (thigh deep) and wet sand during the winter, I will wear my chest waders with several pairs of socks and sweat pants underneath.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Good to chest deep salt water to 29 degrees F. is no problem!

Attachments

• winter top.jpg
    winter top.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 117
  • winter bottom.jpg
    winter bottom.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 114

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just be safe - Ive been in ocean - pretty calm waters - waist deep and had rogue 10 ft wave squash me
when I was young was with a guy that almost drowned when guy pushed it and tried go farther than he should and waders filled
2 guys back then died wearing old style chest waders when they filled and they could not get out

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Drysuit with dry gloves. Took me several years to get it where I am totally warm
in extreme cold conditions for several hours. Think the worse this year was 10 degrees and water was 35F.
21c.jpg 21g.jpg

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just be safe - Ive been in ocean - pretty calm waters - waist deep and had rogue 10 ft wave squash me
when I was young was with a guy that almost drowned when guy pushed it and tried go farther than he should and waders filled
2 guys back then died wearing old style chest waders when they filled and they could not get out

Put a belt on around the upper part of the waders, This will keep the waders from filling fast.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wear a life vest with your waders. I lived right on a trout stream many years ago. There was a waste deep hole in front of the cabin that was 75 feet long. I saw a guy with chest waders go down in that hole and the current carried him downstream to shallow water. I was there to help get him out of the water, but if there had been no shallows, he would have been in serious trouble.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other

brncofan

Jul 30, 2013
southwest ,CT
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac,EQ 800,TDIpro,TDI beachunter,excal II OBN pp mod,excal 800 blue OBN pp mod,excal blue 1000
Primary Interest:
I use waders for swallow water hunting and a DUI drysuit with dry gloves when I deeper water

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A close friend who was a doryman drowned when he went over the rail with just hip boots. He was always harping on me "you need to pay attention! You're on the ocean!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread