Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Woke at 5am to metal detect and had to walk the dog before leaving for the beach. Hit the beach at 6:30am and hunted till 12pm. I knew it was going to be a good day when I hit a nice costume ear ring 10 secs after turning on my CTX 3030. I knew it was really going to be a good day metal detecting when I hit my first ring about 2 minutes into the hunt as I was headed for the water. And, I knew it was going to be a really really good day when I hit my second ring about 15 minutes into the hunt. And this was all on dry sand!

Rings 031519.jpg

Sterling ring one 031519.jpg

I was having such a good time (read; targets abound) that I spent an hour searching the dry sand before hitting the water, which was a cool 66 degrees. It wasn’t long, about 1 ½ hrs into the hunt when I snagged a Triton Tungsten Carbide ring in 2 ft of water, making it 3 for the day. A short time later, I found this nose ring marked “Moth”. [A ring is a ring; number 4.]

Triton Ring 031519.jpg

Nose ring Moth 031519.jpg

After about 3 hrs and 15 minutes in the water I decided to hit the dry sand as I meandered back toward the truck. BANG! I could not believe it but found my 5th ring for the day.

Sterling ring number two 031519.jpg

I looked at the rings in detail when I got home and found that 2 were marked 925 sterling silver (1 looks like a Pandora ring), 2 were unmarked costume jewelry and the nose ring was marked “Moth”, and appears copperish.

Of course, the hunt could not be complete without the customary Cremation Tag; this one is marked “Restland Crematory 29973”. Interestingly, the only Restland crematory I could find was in Dallas Texas. My 4th crematory tag this year. I’ll return it to the Gulf next week.

Restland crematory 0312519.jpg

Happy Hunting

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Make that 6 Rings

After publishing the above post, I couldn’t shake the feeling that something just wasn’t right. Tossing and turning all night, I went over and over the hunt the previous day in my head and realized that a ring I had recovered in about 5 ft of water was gone. I awoke at 6am to realize; the metal detectorist who finds rings lost one. It was still dark outside when I grabbed a flash light and headed for the car port where I wash everything when I get home – nothing there. Carpeted stairs? Nothing. A search of my pouch, with numerous pockets, also failed. I searched the truck and driveway. Nope. Returning to the truck, I again searched the pouch when I found the ring under the pouch on the floor. – the 6th ring! :hello2::headbang::hello2:

6th Ring Silver 031519.jpg

The ring is marked 925 silver and “CB”. I’ll have to check the stones to see if they’re diamonds. Ya know ya had one heck of a hunt when you find so many rings you can’t keep them straight. I hope to have more of these “problems” in the future metal detecting.

brncofan

Jul 30, 2013
southwest ,CT
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac,EQ 800,TDIpro,TDI beachunter,excal II OBN pp mod,excal 800 blue OBN pp mod,excal blue 1000
Primary Interest:
Congrats great hunt for you

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Very nice finds. Congrats

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Ineed a day like that I think 3 is the best Ive ever done Well done Tommy

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang you crushed it! :occasion14:

OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a ring finder land and sea both deliver for you GREAT HUNT. Waiting for 1st ring with a diamond in it small or big single. HAPPY HUNTING

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread