Help select detector for search thin gold

stolik333

Mar 21, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all users TreasureNet. I want to buy detector for thin gold jewelry : chain, earrings (underwater search) . Now I use Tesoro Compadre but not enough depth . And I think what need to buy detector PRO - level with high frequency. But I'm confused. My choice fell to 3 devices:

GoldenMask One 24
Deeptech Vista Gold / Gold Gain
Whites TDI Beach Hunter

or Yours alternative's.

Please tell me, what metal detector is the deepest for thin jewelry? And can good work to heavy soil? Thanks

P.S. Sorry to my English

Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You appear to be looking more at a PI. The TDI is a 10uS...... the new Fisher AQ coming soon will be 7uS and allegedly offers disc. YOu didnt say DIVE so i assume you mean as a wading machine. Without knowing at this time the AQ has the lower uS. The ML Equanox is a pretty darn good machine too......the 600 is just over $600 and is a true multi use machine with a TID screen and you can get-er wet.... offers a 3 year warranty. It will find small jewerly..... some chains.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of those three choices, I'd go with the White's TDI Beach Hunter. It's the only one on your list that is waterproof. As for the Equinox, it won't be as deep as the TDI, but, it will give you good discrimination. If you're hunting salt water, the TDI will work much better on small gold. The testing and finds that I've made with the Equinox leads me to believe it isn't all that great at finding small gold in the salt water. On dry sand it works great, because you can use the Gold modes, which are very sensitive to small gold. The Gold mode won't work in the salt water though. The Beach mode 2 works great in the salt water, but, doesn't do well with small gold. Now, if you're just hunting fresh water, you may be able to use the Gold modes, or Field 2 which can also pick up on small gold, though to a lesser depth than Gold 1 and 2.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread