Ft. Bragg, Ca Area, good beaches to detect?

Ed144

Apr 27, 2015
Saddlebrooke, Pinal County, Az.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom and XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife and I are planning a get-away to Ft. Bragg, Ca in April. She is a beach girl and likes prowling the beaches. I'd like to bring the detector along and try searching some of the beaches. Does anyone have any suggestions on good beaches to search within about 25 miles north or south of Ft. Bragg off of highway 1? It would be fun to search some areas of old ship wrecks to see if anything could be found. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one and only detecting trip I went on along Hwy 1 was years ago. I didn't find many good detecting beaches between Bodega bay and Eureka. The better ones (if you want to call them that) were Greenwood, Albion, Caspar, on Ft. Bragg itself, and a couple of little beaches just north of Ft. Bragg. Farther north, 10 mile beach is pretty big, but, was just a barren desert when I was there. Not sure I got a single target there. I only stopped at beaches I could see from the highway. There may be ones where the highway turns inland, but, I didn't take any side trips to check them out. Good luck! The water was COLD up there!

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have family there and thought about detecting but it was just too cold for me, I’ve never seen anybody swimming. But you should give it a try and give us a report. Lol! Good luck!

OP
OP
E

Ed144

Apr 27, 2015
Saddlebrooke, Pinal County, Az.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom and XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the replies. I will be trying just about any beach I can get to within a mile or so of parking the car. I'm planning to use a larger coil and see if I can find anything related to an old ship wreck.

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know how you do. Maybe the women feel how cold the water is and their finger shrinks immediately and they lose their ring? :-)
I’ve been there twice but didn’t have a detector. Walked into the breakfast shop there and two guys were talking detecting on the logging roads/camps.
Be sure to check out the sea glass beach and look for a little museum honoring a guy that made solar motors.

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant help ya there but have fun I would think any beach would be a good place to hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread