Ft. Bragg, Ca Area, good beaches to detect?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Apr 2015
    El Dorado County, CA and Pinal County, Az.
    Garrett AT-Gold
    76 times
    Metal Detecting

Ft. Bragg, Ca Area, good beaches to detect?

My wife and I are planning a get-away to Ft. Bragg, Ca in April. She is a beach girl and likes prowling the beaches. I'd like to bring the detector along and try searching some of the beaches. Does anyone have any suggestions on good beaches to search within about 25 miles north or south of Ft. Bragg off of highway 1? It would be fun to search some areas of old ship wrecks to see if anything could be found. Any suggestions are appreciated.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7673 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    The one and only detecting trip I went on along Hwy 1 was years ago. I didn't find many good detecting beaches between Bodega bay and Eureka. The better ones (if you want to call them that) were Greenwood, Albion, Caspar, on Ft. Bragg itself, and a couple of little beaches just north of Ft. Bragg. Farther north, 10 mile beach is pretty big, but, was just a barren desert when I was there. Not sure I got a single target there. I only stopped at beaches I could see from the highway. There may be ones where the highway turns inland, but, I didn't take any side trips to check them out. Good luck! The water was COLD up there!
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2010
    Northern California
    MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
    576 times
    I have family there and thought about detecting but it was just too cold for me, Iíve never seen anybody swimming. But you should give it a try and give us a report. Lol! Good luck!

us
    Apr 2015
    El Dorado County, CA and Pinal County, Az.
    Garrett AT-Gold
    76 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thanks for the replies. I will be trying just about any beach I can get to within a mile or so of parking the car. I'm planning to use a larger coil and see if I can find anything related to an old ship wreck.

us
    Feb 2012
    60 times
    Let us know how you do. Maybe the women feel how cold the water is and their finger shrinks immediately and they lose their ring? :-)
    Iíve been there twice but didnít have a detector. Walked into the breakfast shop there and two guys were talking detecting on the logging roads/camps.
    Be sure to check out the sea glass beach and look for a little museum honoring a guy that made solar motors.
    Last edited by bklein; Apr 03, 2019 at 06:37 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    31875 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Cant help ya there but have fun I would think any beach would be a good place to hunt.

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 324 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links