Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Woke up at 4:30 to go metal detecting Clearwater beach. Got there around 6:00am and spent 1 hr on the dry sand and 6 hrs in the quiet surf starting at sun rise. Felt like I really needed a work-out and I got one – I swing a CTX 3030 with 17” coil in the water. In the surf, the targets were as rare as Hen’s teeth. Found a few coins, a junk ring and a Galaxy 9 cell phone. The rest of the coins were found on dry sand. I stuck the phone in my junk purse figuring it was water-logged. I was really surprised when I got home; when I dumped the junk out, the phone hit the ground and the menu page appeared. It works! The waterproof case, by Lifeproof, obviously saved the phone.

Galaxy S9 032919b.jpg

The phone is locked and in airline mode so can’t receive or send calls or messages. I tried various techniques found on-line to change the phone from airline mode to normal so I could possibly contact the owner but to no avail. While working w the phone, I discovered the carrier – Sprint. I’m about the take the phone to the nearest Sprint store so they can return it to the owner. I placed a note in the case telling the owner that a Metal Detectorist found the phone under 3” of sand in 2 ft of water. And, that he can read a thread of the phone’s find on Treasurenet.com by LawrencetheMDer.

Happy Hunting

Upvote 0

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. There is a tiny number on the sim card that may help.

Chub

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
did you try the emergency call as sometimes there is personal contact info contained there

OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
did you try the emergency call as sometimes there is personal contact info contained there

I thought the Emergency call icon was for 911. Already turned-in the phone to the Sprint store and they assured me that they would get it back to the owner w my note.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes the carrier is not to anxious to return the phones. I actually found a kyocera phone and the carrier was Boost,they wouldn't even try to help.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm never quick to turn a phone in. Sometimes you'll get in incoming call that you can answer without unlocking the phone. I've found several owners that way.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find I find many cell phones hope you can open it I turn them into the phone stores and let them do what they do

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread