I don't know it was here before but ...

Maximilian

Oct 13, 2014
Montenegro
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Excalibur II,Equinox 800, Goldscan 4...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only your first link will work. Who's to say some kid may have taken their parent's coin collection down to the beach and lost them? That's one of my biggest problem with the Oak Island saga. Just because you find something old, doesn't mean it was dropped there back in the day and/or by who you think may have done it.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah. If one just thinks about this, it seems highly unlikely. Who knows, perhaps a Roman ship made it here. BUT, the odds of one guy finding 7 coins "washed up on the beach"...nah.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew someone who claimed to have salted the beach with old but worthless coins. Many years ago.
He told me he'd pick a busy beach with tourists. He then would then " find" the coins. The tourist would ask what he found. He'd play dumb and wait for them try to to take advantage of him and offer a few bucks.
He'd make a few bucks that way. Is the story true I don't know.

OP
OP
M

Maximilian

Oct 13, 2014
Montenegro
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Excalibur II,Equinox 800, Goldscan 4...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If u click on blue letter ''treasure hunter'' in first article it will send u to the original news. I also don't think they come from shipwreck since Tampa is simply not on the right side for Europe shipwreck. In my country we occasionally find roman coin on the beach but never more than one piece and they r in better conditions than this ones, but Roman presence is ordinary thing in here.
My friend last week after storm just find one roman folis at beach along with 14 pieces of gold jewellery. On other beach one russian coin collector for every 6th of May throw in water few hundred roman coins every year in the sea, so yes it is highly unlikely that they come with roman ship on that beach in Tampa.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting post seems fishy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread