Awesome that's living the dream

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome video and finds Don.:occasion14: By the way do you know Mike, NH beach metaldetecting on YouTube?

Last edited:
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think so - NH waters are like 2 1/2 - 3 hrs away from me
I have not been up that way in yrs - there are a ton of guys in a small area on the coast up there
there are guys that go out like every day - so tough for a guy like me to travel that far into an area I
don't know
Funny when I was a teen - we would go up there for a week and most times my father and grandfather were the only
detectorists around on the beaches - now ...there are beaches I can take you to in the summer and there can be
like 25 guys and gals hunting - not my kind of scene
plus lot of beaches up there - tides go out 100s of yards so land hunters can hunt too
Im a water guy - I want to step off the shore and be chest deep
1KBlueTuber (Ron) probably does

awesome video and finds Don.:occasion14: By the way do you know Mike, NH beach metaldetecting on YouTube?

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think so - NH waters are like 2 1/2 - 3 hrs away from me
I have not been up that way in yrs - there are a ton of guys in a small area on the coast up there
there are guys that go out like every day - so tough for a guy like me to travel that far into an area I
don't know
Funny when I was a teen - we would go up there for a week and most times my father and grandfather were the only
detectorists around on the beaches - now ...there are beaches I can take you to in the summer and there can be
like 25 guys and gals hunting - not my kind of scene
plus lot of beaches up there - tides go out 100s of yards so land hunters can hunt too
Im a water guy - I want to step off the shore and be chest deep
1KBlueTuber (Ron) probably does

Ah I didn't realise you were that far away Don. I guess it's like one of you guys saying do I know John from London, lol. Wow those beaches get pounded then, I understand what you mean. I know you are a water guy, I will be trying that approach over here, once the water warms up a little! I have never seen anyone here hunt over ankle deep.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing Casper...now you got me wanting to hit the water.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great presentation, thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

NowandThenTreasures

Jul 23, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video! Wish I had started this hobby at age 12. How accurate were the old detectors?

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out in 1975 with a Compass TR machine - they sold for like $129 i think - got mine used for I think $99
it had 2 knobs - one turn on and off/volume - the other sensitivity
I used to crank up the hum and go for the slightest fluctuation in sound - I did great once I learned my machine
alomost gave up after my first year - found almost nothing but after the snow melted in 1976 - I decided to hit
my lawn which dated back to around 1939 - i started finding all kinds of coins and then silver
i would go out day after day and then started to grid - then started to slow down and go for the faint sounds
i found quite a bit and learned my machine - i actually found my first LC in my yard - it had been hit by a musket ball
found out that years ago there was a town farm on the site - after that i was competing with the big boys on club hunts
i could hunt with guys with $500+ machines and find just as much and at time out shoot them
many of them would crank their discrim. and they would missed stuff - the older machine would throw out nickels
and white gold in pull tab mode - was i think around 17 when i showed up day late and dollar short at a drained ponds beach
looked like an artillery range - about 30 guys had been there - i went out with my non discriminating machine and started finding nickels they
all passed up - eventually i got a what we call a pre-engagement ring with 2 little diamond chips / white gold - then got a white gold wedding band
right where everyone of them came onto the beach and left it - MY machine back then would pick up a silver dime at maybe 6+ inches - it had
a solid coil and had a nipple in the middle - you could put your finger over that nipple after getting a hit and stick a screw driver in where your
finger was and hit your target - they were accurate - i was always told that i had what we used to cal a "hot" machine - this meant
that it was better than others of the same make and model - i have not heard that term used with most of the modern machines.
I can tell you - i own 3 CZ21s - my #1 is hotter and works better than the other 2 - its my primary machine for old areas
I have a #2 as my back up it is better than my #3 - number 3 is a good machine but can not get as much depth out of it as the other two
it is great for fresh drops - i have sent #2 and 3 in to see if they could tweek them - got them back the same

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread