Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had an okay day yesterday. The beaches have been so sanded in and it seems that it will never end. There are spots that open up but they are hard to find. You can find a place that opened that could be 75 yards long and then on both sides it will be sanded in as far as you can walk in the water. Seaweed has been a major problem lately in the water.

Wet sand lately has been a hit or miss for me. I found the usual clad, hoop earrings, toy cars and lots of pull tabs and bottle tops. The cool thing that happened yesterday even though the two gold chains were fake was to get them both in one scoop. I had a major rush for a second until I realized they were fake and one was broken. They have since been thrown in the trash headed for the dump.

I did manage to find one sterling silver chain which also was a surprise. I picked all three up using my Excal. That thing has been on fire lately and has led me to choose it over my Equinox 800. I love the 800 but I think when it comes to water the Excal is still the champ. Thanks for looking and stay safe out there.

IMG_2530.jpg View attachment 1709525 IMG_2533.jpg IMG_2537.jpg

Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
It certainly sounds like you understand the science of "sanded in" vs "eroded". Good post.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I trust my Excal more than I do my 800, won't be swapping out in the water. And I won't be worried about leakage either!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great kid I'd be happy with one right about now lol

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the balance of the excal on a straight shaft over the equinox. I only took the excal out once least summer but it hit my biggest gold ring of the summer. The other days with the equinox I got some stuff but its super hard to push in the waves. Definitely going to revert to the excal in the surf this season.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congrats! :occasion14:

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After using both last summer,primarily in the water, I felt better when using my Excalibur, so that being said it will be my primary machine. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread