cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you're deep diving, you would be better off getting one already modified.....at least with the handle mounted pin point switch. I like bigger coils than stock too, and better headphones. If you buy a bone stock one and then have to do the mods, it can run into some serious money. In general, I would stay away from the first series Excalibur (Sword model), mainly because replacement parts and repairs can be a problem. Some people like the blue tubes, other like the Excal 2 better. I have both and find no appreciable difference between the two. Look for the condition of the cables, and if you can find out any history of the detector to see if it's had any repairs or at least had it's seals replaced.

OP
OP
scarfaceses26

scarfaceses26

Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you're deep diving, you would be better off getting one already modified.....at least with the handle mounted pin point switch. I like bigger coils than stock too, and better headphones. If you buy a bone stock one and then have to do the mods, it can run into some serious money. In general, I would stay away from the first series Excalibur (Sword model), mainly because replacement parts and repairs can be a problem. Some people like the blue tubes, other like the Excal 2 better. I have both and find no appreciable difference between the two. Look for the condition of the cables, and if you can find out any history of the detector to see if it's had any repairs or at least had it's seals replaced.
in fact I was planning to buy garrett sea hunter mark 2 but its not much difference between the price of excalibur 2 at zero price as second hand

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would take an Excal over a Sea Hunter any day. I don't like digging nails and other ferrous junk.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I sure do miss my Excalibur. I love the Equinox but there was just something about swinging the Excal that I enjoyed.
Probably was the aftermarket carbon shaft from plugger that made it so enjoyable. Great detector once learned.
Good luck!

OP
OP
scarfaceses26

scarfaceses26

Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure do miss my Excalibur. I love the Equinox but there was just something about swinging the Excal that I enjoyed.
Probably was the aftermarket carbon shaft from plugger that made it so enjoyable. Great detector once learned.
Good luck!
Equinox is a great machine but i am hunting in saltwater and excalibur best for it

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
All Cudamark said, cables, coil and head phones are a weak point. Keep them silicon sprayed and you will have very little issues. A machine that has been stored away for a few years or more stay away from unless the cables were silicon-ed before storage. Blue or Green excalibur, I can find gold with either, but I hate a stock machine...Modified excalibur is the only way to get the most out of the machine. Better headphones and a switch on the handle to go between all metal and discriminate, all metal being much deeper, then checking in Discriminate, then back to all metal/Pin Point

Earlafindit

Nov 19, 2009
Mid Atlantic Coast DE.
Detector(s) used
f75se,CTX3030, , Deus ,Excal blue 800 & 1000 , Manticore , TDI BeachHunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Agree with OBN 100%, as i paid the price of replacing 2 coil's on my Excalibur Blue's , note i recommend to lube the cable's with diver's silicone, as i used the wrong kind for many year's, on my Blue's, happy hunting, Earl

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The Excal with straight shaft and pin point mod is a whole different machine from stock. The stock shaft is an elbow cranker, the straight shaft is "all day long". The pin point mod means you aren't struggling with "delicate" knobs. And, by all means, get a knob guard and protect those knobs.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
A little more gold the xcalibur found this year...

then this beauty this beauty this past saturday...

21v.jpg

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Excalibur is the best machine for saltwater but its very expensive in Turkey

I can only imagine.....

But, it is worth it. Well, it's likely few detectorists in Turkey can afford one. You'd be "one up" on your competitors :)

OP
OP
scarfaceses26

scarfaceses26

Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only imagine.....

But, it is worth it. Well, it's likely few detectorists in Turkey can afford one. You'd be "one up" on your competitors :)
Ahh yes maybe i want to buy it but i think i will buy second hand.
And if i can be sure of minelab equinox salt water performance i can get it too

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahh yes maybe i want to buy it but i think i will buy second hand.
And if i can be sure of minelab equinox salt water performance i can get it too

I understand. I have both, the EQ800 and my modified Excal II. So, yes, that's some bucks ($$$$) out of my pocket. For you it is a coin toss - go with what you can afford, and maybe after all those gold rings you find, you can embellish your arsenal :)

After all, I'm not "afflicted", as I only have at present 7 detectors on hand.

Last edited:
OP
OP
scarfaceses26

scarfaceses26

Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand. I have both, the EQ800 and my modified Excal II. So, yes, that's some bucks ($$$$) out of my pocket. For you it is a coin toss - go with what you can afford, and maybe after all those gold rings you find, you can embellish your arsenal :)
Woow its very good for you what s equinox saltwater perform is it stable or is it deep then excal

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Woow its very good for you what s equinox saltwater perform is it stable or is it deep then excal

I really can't say since I've not used my EQ in the water yet. I'm just so sold on my Excal that I've used it exclusively for the water. I know I dug one ring last year knee deep, at least 15" deep.

And it is now coming Water Season in my neck of the woods. So I need to store my EQ for the season! It's too hot to dirt dig here now!

OP
OP
scarfaceses26

scarfaceses26

Dec 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really can't say since I've not used my EQ in the water yet. I'm just so sold on my Excal that I've used it exclusively for the water. I know I dug one ring last year knee deep, at least 15" deep.

And it is now coming Water Season in my neck of the woods. So I need to store my EQ for the season! It's too hot to dirt dig here now!
Have a nice hunts with your equinox

mrcolin2u

Dec 23, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II umax
Fisher CZ20
Minelab Excalibur II 10" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my excal used for $950 and it paid for itself on first time out . That was 4 years ago and now I have the EQ800 too but I prefer the Excal for submerged saltwater .

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

After all, I'm not "afflicted", as I only have at present 7 detectors on hand.

I guess I must be "afflicted"......last time I counted when I had my shoes off, my detector count was 14. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread