Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the road yesterday for a hunt....... i thought id be able to hunt the water, but it turned out to be a real RED FLAG day. There was just nothing in the wet sand or shallow water. Dont know why but i had a stiff neck and my right heal had me hobbling a bit .... sucks to get old lol. So i did the unthinkable for me....... i dry sand hunted for a few hours. I was pretty lucky to be able to adjust my machine to a very narrow digital range for gold hunting..... which can includes chains to 24k..... WITHOUT bottle cap. Man as i went a long i could hear the bottle caps and see the read out ....... theres a lot of bottle caps out there ..... and tent pegs. What i also realized after digging the cross..... it didnt break up. That sound you get from many machines with multi tones as it tries to ID a cross.... kind of like a bottle cap sometimes. Running in AM i got just the BANG of targets...... with a solid 4 digit right where my testing showed many of the small gold like crosses fell. The ring was a 5...... again where my testing showed it might be. Not a bad day considering how it started out.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0
OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Joe....I was hoping those channel stone were real. But they weren’t. Well also hoping the thing was 14k lol.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is pretty nice for a “if I have to” beach hunt! NICE!

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Underwonder....,just goes to show you sometimes that blind squirrel does find a nut lol.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real nice finds...congrats on the gold.

OP
OP
dewcon4414

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it was Gary Drydan who said he walks out on a beach and looks to see where other hunters are digging....... then picks the place they aint. I kind of did that..... i saw hunters covering the towel line and the tractor gets a lot of that as well........ so stopped about mid- beach..... where not many hunt and started griding. Gold is where you find it.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread