Any suggestions for Tampa -Clearwater beaches?

Winks

Tenderfoot
Nov 27, 2017
Phoenix
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, XP Deus ii, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi - I'm headed to Tampa the end of next week for my churc'e national convention. Would like to do some beach detecting while there. Any suggestions for the beaches? Also, having a choice between a XP Deus, White V3i or Fisher CZ-70 Pro, which might be "best" for the beach? Living in Phoenix, I don't have too many opportunities for beach hunting.
Thanks
Winks

Upvote 0

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have fun I used to live in Phoenix boy that ground is like cement lol

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lots of hunters there - so hopefully you hit right place at right time

luck med_662355227edf550dbc.gif

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Don't own any of the listed machines but looking at specs I'd take the Fisher Z-70 Pro, running at 5 and 15k w fourier analysis, seems the best to compensate for salt water.
I hunt the general area each winter and there's Clearwater north and south beach, 17 miles of Sand key including the north tip Sand Key state park and all the way south to St Pete beach with multiple named beaches in between. Great area to detect, overall, but lots of competition. Go early morning or night or when raining or when high winds (>20mph) to avoid crowds. Think about hunting surf; bring hard sole diving boots, scoot your feet to avoid sting rays, and have a sand / water scoop for easy retrieval (must have). Ideal to have waterproof headphones and detector. Check surf forecast for riptides or heavy surf and tide. Low tide, usually early morning, is one of my favorite times to hunt, bring a headlight. On dry sand, grid beach slowly. Most important, keep your eyes open for valuable targets on the surface of the sand - usually covered in suntan lotion, 21 - 35 yrs old, thin well built body and sunning their whole naked body... If your a man, think of him as being a woman. :laughing11::laughing3::laughing11:

Happy hunting

OP
OP
W

Winks

Tenderfoot
Nov 27, 2017
Phoenix
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, XP Deus ii, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Really appreciate the info. Just what I was looking for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread