Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Mine.

[Doesn't matter the detector, we all think we have the best one.]

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
The one that works best for your beach. If you want discrimination while being able to dig in salt water and wet salt sand, then check out some of the minlelabs, like the equinox or Excalibur. If you don’t mind digging everything, then get a PI machine like a Whites Dual field or the new Whites TDI Beach Hunter.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sahara,

I live on the treasure coast and just started beach detecting about a year and a half ago. After doing a lot of research, mostly on this forum, I opted for the Minelab Excalibur, and am very happy with it.

Steve

OP
OP
S

Sahara007

Jul 14, 2019
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab 3030 ctx
Minelab gpx 4800
Garrett AT Pro
Tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was down there last wk on vacation but didn’t take any of my detectors in up flying instead of driving didn’t have time to get them ready to fly,talked one guy down there hunting and he recommended the white tdi beachhunter I mostly hunt dirt and fresh water beaches I have a arsenal for that and I know I have ones that work for there minelab 3030 and a tesoro stingray but needing to get another for my son to use so that’s were I’m at I will be going back down there after I retire in 7 months but just haven’t decided on the Excalibur 2 or the white or the fisher cz21

Last edited:

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Personally, I would not recommend a PI machine unless you're real familiar with salt water hunting on popular beaches; otherwise you'll be digging deep trash most the time. [If you go w a PI machine buy the White's TDI; deepest machine out there.] If you're looking for one of the least expensive saltwater machines, go with the NOX 600 that is multi-frequency and you can discriminate out a lot of trash. Advise wired water-proof headphones. Nox 800 my next choice. Excal my next choice (takes long time to know sounds) followed buy the most expensive, but best machine; CTX 3030. The NOXs are very complicated machines and even though they say in 3 button pushes you can be off and running...best advise is that you first read Andy Sabisch's Equinox book several times and work w the machine at least a few weeks to modify to your specific needs. If you take a NOX to the beach for the first time and expect to find a lot...you'll be surprised and not in a good way. Best to take time to learn basics of the machine, whichever one you choose. Happy Hunting

OP
OP
S

Sahara007

Jul 14, 2019
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab 3030 ctx
Minelab gpx 4800
Garrett AT Pro
Tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lawrence I have minelab 3030ctx and the 4800 gtx had a Excalibur at one tine but sold it I’m not really a fan of the nox
So I formerly with a pulse machine and the Excalibur the xp deus is my go to in the dirt but never had any dealings with the salt beaches in fresh water the 3030 comes out and I know it it would work Down there but I’m torn between the white or Excalibur

Mr.Excavator

Jun 24, 2013
NorthEast, Florida coast
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 (4)Excal 1000, (2)Garrett Sea Hunter mark II,
(2) E-trac's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be pleased with the Excal . I have used them for years " my go to machine" and find plenty. I use a CTX 3030 on land.
The best tool to have with you will be a sand scoop. big7waterbig.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sahara007

Jul 14, 2019
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab 3030 ctx
Minelab gpx 4800
Garrett AT Pro
Tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mr. Excavator All ready have one that I use hunting the fresh water be bench’s where I live
You will be pleased with the Excal . I have used them for years " my go to machine" and find plenty. I use a CTX 3030 on land.
The best tool to have with you will be a sand scoop. View attachment 1733636

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread